Author Topic: Carcassonne Travel Set  (Read 22302 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Carcassonne Travel Set
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »
Great to see this in action. If you'd like I could print some cathars or seige tiles, if that would help.

Thanks, that's very kind. Let me play around a bit and have a think about it.

I'd be tempted to remove some of the dividers so you could squeeze an extra tile or two in. You may be able to fit an extra mini expansion in instead. I split my base set across the two stacks to let me squeeze some extra full sets in.

I guess I don't really think there are any additional massively compelling mini-expansions that I feel like I must have in it with the extra few tiles created by removing dividers. I'd rather have Abbey and Mayor, and I can fit the tiles in even with the dividers, but not the wood.

This box is a lot smaller than I expected.

Well, it's the smallest of their three Carcassonne boxes so you can go bigger if you want to. I think it's fine as a travel box.

Darmstadt?

Haha, you're funny.

La Porxada? The school? The king and robber tiles with a couple of random meeples for the king and robber?

These don't inspire me that much. I've literally never played with the first two, and I've never properly played with King and Robber Baron outside JCZ.

4 German monasteries?  Some halflings

Now you're talking! I think an abbreviated version of a six-tile expansion might be what I go with. But we'll see.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 01:27:00 PM »
Darmstadt was meant as a joke as I know you are not a fan.

I use the school as my normal start tiles.   I still need another couple of coloured teachers to complete my set.
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
Great box Rosco!

Jungleboy: Dont forget that secret compartment for extra meeple.  Have you tired neatly stacking meeple into the box to save space. How many players are you transporting?

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if BW could make some meeple transport templates to make it easier to stack them. Little grooves to sit them in. Most meeple are the same thickness, only the barns and abbots would be really tricky.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »
Have you tired neatly stacking meeple into the box to save space. How many players are you transporting?

No, it's true that I just randomly sort of threw them in there, so maybe I could fit barns/wagons/mayors too if they were neatly stacked. It's just four players (I chose red/yellow/green/blue). Anyway, I packed it all back into my big box now, so it'll have to wait a while before I get it all out again. Meanwhile I might try to pick up some second-hand tiles at Avalon Roma next weekend because they say they have some.

[They also have Colt Express :)]

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 03:35:40 AM »
Another thing I just thought of was to use the 12 tiles of the Count in the row with the base game tiles. The only wood it adds is the Count piece, so that's very manageable. Now, a lot of people don't like the Count, but I quite like it, plus it goes well with Traders and Builders which I already have in my box. At the very least, it adds a lot more to the game than most mini-expansions. And sometimes you could just use it as a start tile without playing with the Count if you wanted as well.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Travel Carcassonne Set

Started by robnhill

7 Replies
Last post February 01, 2017, 01:01:52 PM
by Halfling
xx
Are the tiles in Carcassonne für 2 same size as normal travel version?

Started by Vesselvessel

3 Replies
Last post May 16, 2019, 07:59:21 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
WTB: Travel Carcassonne

Started by Allograft

11 Replies
Last post September 03, 2021, 01:38:45 PM
by Allograft
xx
Travel Carcassonne game on the train