Author Topic: NEW Complete Annotated Rules  (Read 24215 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Complete Annotated Rules
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »
Also: the latest version of the CAR is here for download.

Offline mPony

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • Greetings from Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2015, 10:58:07 AM »
I have a (very picky) observation:

page 12, "At least one side of the new tile (with a red border in the examples below) must touch one or more tiles already in play.7 Corner-to-corner placement is not permitted."

page 13: note #8: "Cloisters can be placed directly next to each other, or corner to corner. It is not necessary for there to be eight other (non-cloister) tiles neighbouring a cloister. A cloister stands in the middle of a field segment and other segments can be placed next to it. In contrast to roads, cities, and fields, it is not possible to connect to a cloister."

I find note 8 to be confusing in its wording; it seems overly specific to get across the point of "It does not matter which tiles are neighbouring a cloister" or "the presence of one cloister does not forbid you from placing another cloister near it."  Was this wording added in response to specific questions?

Lastly, as a Canadian I find the spelling of "neighbouring" to be precisely correct.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »
I have a (very picky) observation:

page 12, "At least one side of the new tile (with a red border in the examples below) must touch one or more tiles already in play.7 Corner-to-corner placement is not permitted."

page 13: note #8: "Cloisters can be placed directly next to each other, or corner to corner. It is not necessary for there to be eight other (non-cloister) tiles neighbouring a cloister. A cloister stands in the middle of a field segment and other segments can be placed next to it. In contrast to roads, cities, and fields, it is not possible to connect to a cloister."

I find note 8 to be confusing in its wording; it seems overly specific to get across the point of "It does not matter which tiles are neighbouring a cloister" or "the presence of one cloister does not forbid you from placing another cloister near it."  Was this wording added in response to specific questions?

Lastly, as a Canadian I find the spelling of "neighbouring" to be precisely correct.

Hello mPony!

I hope this will clarify these:

• page 12 note 7: This rule is for tiles in general, meant for any tile from any expansion regarding tile placement. They have to be placed side by side (up, right, down or left of a tile but not in any of the four corners such as upper left etc.)

Edited this to simply things.
• page 13 note 8: This rule is for cloisters specifically meaning you can place a cloister next to another cloister. Again, it's up, right, down or left of another tile (any tile). After having the tile placed and another cloister already exist adjacent this recently placed cloister, even diagonally, it's still a legal placement.

This note hopefully makes more sense as to why it exist when you are using Shrines where there is a limit to how you can place a cloister / shrine tile.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:58:29 PM by Paul »
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline mPony

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • Greetings from Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 03:35:31 AM »
very good clarification of language, there.  Well done.

I've been playing the game for a few years now but only very recently found this forum. At first I thought "Why are they compiling this rulebook? Aren't the rules specified?"  Now I better understand your motivations :)  I wish I'd found this forum years ago!

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 01:33:30 AM »
Can't wait for the new CAR, there will be a lot to add :)

If we have question on spin off, it should also go in this part of the forum right ? Because it seems there are not so much and I have a couple ones :)
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:50 AM »
If we have question on spin off, it should also go in this part of the forum right ? Because it seems there are not so much and I have a couple ones :)

Yes, all questions about official rules for spin-offs should go in this sub-forum.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2016, 04:11:02 AM »
I have to say I think there is an issue with the contents on the current version. It would be nice to be able to go straight from the contents to the relevant page.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
New Complete Annotated Rules v. 6.4

Started by obervet

33 Replies
Last post April 19, 2014, 07:30:47 PM
by coyote
xx
New Complete Annotated Rules

Started by obervet

32 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 05:41:57 AM
by obervet
xx
Complete Annotated Rules - check these files for answers before asking questions

Started by Scott

0 Replies
Last post February 13, 2013, 05:53:10 PM
by Scott
xx
Complete Annotated Rules v. 7.0, 2nd printing

Started by obervet

65 Replies
Last post November 08, 2014, 11:06:22 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Correction to Complete Annotated Rules re Königstein Fortress