Author Topic: Catching up - What I "need".  (Read 32185 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Catching up - What I "need".
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2013, 05:23:09 AM »
Hopefully Die Belagerer will come to those who wait!

I don't think I know anyone with one of the original La Porxadas. I don't expect I'd be able to afford it if I ever saw one go up for sale either, but I'd love to see how much it goes for! Wouldn't you just make one yourself since it's pretty much an impossibility for most people to ever own one of the originals?

Offline Lotas

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2013, 08:35:56 AM »
Wouldn't count on Die Belagerer ever becoming widely available, or even reprinted, IMO.  This strikes me as part of the deal with Mueller, the 1000 copies are it.  It's a reprint after all, even if there's new art and an extra two tiles.  The publisher seems to now want this to be their Black Lotus, the one to aspire to, for collectors only, etc.  Again, IMO.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2013, 09:08:36 AM »
I understand what you're saying Lotas, but I can't quite see why HiG would want to do that as the only people who stand to benefit from it (financially) would be the people selling it on eBay?

Online DavidY

• Freeman
  • Merit: 5
  • :)!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2013, 09:38:17 AM »

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 18
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
I understand what you're saying Lotas, but I can't quite see why HiG would want to do that as the only people who stand to benefit from it (financially) would be the people selling it on eBay?
No one understands it. Publishers are known, however, to make really stupid decisions now and then. Creating too few of something very popular is one of those decisions.
"We do not want to make someone buy a whole set just to get a few new cards. We like our fans!" - Donald X Vaccarino

Link

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2013, 09:51:42 AM »
Regarding La porxada,you should take a look at this...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=664414780242607&set=pb.546781705339249.-2207520000.1379608632.&type=3&theater
Yes that is the La Porxada - selfprinted tile and glued on a tile with original back side also selfprinted the rules - sent to Canada to Scott - that is it...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »
Thanks for the link @icydarkstary - what a gift! Very much deserved by all accounts, but still...

What is the difference between an officially printed La Porxada tile and one of the originals that were just stickers?

I have been knowingly playing with one of the misprinted versions of The Gingerbread Man but haven't been able to get hold of the reprinted version as it's been out of stock on Cundco for about two months.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »
La Porxada was never glued on a tile.
There was given only 72 pieces at a convention in Spain.
The only officially is, that the people (who created this "fan"-expansion) had the permission from HiG for distribute at that convention in Spain some years ago.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
Thanks kettlefish.

The thing that confused me was contained within the link on Facebook:

"- La Porxada; officially printed tile with English instruction sheet"

I was aware that La Porxada was a kind of officially unofficial tile so I wondered what an "officially printed" tile was...

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »
only the cardbox tile is a orginal one with the back side.

La Porxada is a fan-expansion - I am wonderin why do people pay so much money for a fan-made expansion - they can print it for themself for a few cents...
-----------------------
Some talk at CarcF - sorry it's in German

PresetM at CarcF
Ich sollte mal einen Versuch unternehmen, die Sache mit "La Porxada" aufzuklaeren:

Autor dieser Erweiterung ist nicht Herr Wrede, sondern "Oriol Comas i Coma".
Sie wurde auch nicht anlaesslich des Stadtjubilaeums herausgegeben, sondern Oriol Comas i Coma hat rund 70 Exemplare ausgedruckt und anlaesslich des jaehrlich in Granollers stattfindenden Spieletreffs "jugarXjugar" verteilt. Ein Exemplar bestand lediglich aus einem Tuetchen mit einer Regel und dem ausgedruckten Landschaftskaertchen auf einfachen Papier.
Desweiteren ist das keine offizielle Erweiterung, sondern eine Fan-Erweiterung wie jede andere. Dass Herr Wrede auf diesem Spieltreff zu Gast war und auf einem Photo mit dem Buergermeister zu sehen ist, macht diese Erweiterung nicht zu einer offiziellen.
Diese ganzen Halbwahrheiten, die leider in verschiedenen Foren im Umlauf sind haben ihre Quelle meistens bei einem oder zwei ebay-Verkaeufern, die diese Erweiterung an Unkundige verscherbelt haben und dazu verkaufsfoerdernde Saetze geschrieben haben.
Ich hatte seinerzeit Herrn Oriol Comas i Coma eine Mail geschickt und um Aufklaerung gebeten, was dieser in seiner Antwort auch getan hat.

Edit: Die Illustration des Kaertchens stammt von einer Person mit Namen "Bascu".

kettlefish at CarcF:
HiG wurde damals in Kenntnis gesetzt, bezueglich La Porxada. HiG hatte dann die Erlaubnis gegeben, dass diese Fan-Erweiterung dort auf dem Event in Spanien verteilt werden durfte.
---------------------
Could someone please translate it in English? - I haven't enough power today... 

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:50:27 AM by kettlefish »

Offline Lotas

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »
danisthirty

Mueller stands to benefit by it.  As it's a limited edition it would sell faster and bring more people to their stores looking for it, even if they had run out.  They want to increase customer traffic. 

If word came to me a store here had a copy it would certainly lure me there in order to look for it.

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »
I would quite like to get a white settler meeple from the "Carcassonne: New World" board game. I want to use it to replace the teacher meeple, which I get confused with phantoms!

They sell them at Carcassonne Shoppe, but postage to the UK is very expensive!

Can anyone spare me one?

Offline wicke

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 11
  • The Vikings will invade the South Seas
    • View Profile
    • Patrik's Page
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2013, 01:36:57 AM »
The postage from Carcassonneshoppe is not that bad.
After ordering they weigh the package and lower the shipping cost
if it's a small order.
My website:
http://www.wikstromtree.org/
although the games page is yet to be started

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2013, 07:28:14 AM »
If you're concerned about shipping costs from Carcassonne Shoppe, send Ted an e-mail stating what you want and where you want it sent, and he can get a shipping quote for you. If you don't need a quote, he will automatically refund you the difference as wicke said.

When I bought the Phantom, the guy behind the counter asked me what color I wanted. It was obvious from my facial expression that such a decision would be very difficult. I said to him, "It's not so much a question of which color, but whether I need ALL the colors." He offered me a discount on all six and I took it. ;D

Now my problem is that I can't bring myself to take the meeples from one of the Phantom boxes because then they won't all match, so I'm stuck having all six boxes in my storage case because of my OCD. I'm thinking about getting another set of Phantom meeples, but I don't really want another Phantom box.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:31:59 AM by Scott »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy all six sets of the phantom you end up with 36 phantom meeples although presumably you can't use more than six of them. So what do you do with the remaining 30 other than put them in a little box and check up on them from time to time to make sure they're behaving themselves?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
xx
Need help deciding which "The River " to buy.

Started by totec55

80 Replies
Last post August 30, 2021, 04:38:24 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Info: CundCo now catching up on problems with Advent sale

Started by Challa007

7 Replies
Last post January 29, 2022, 08:18:14 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
RGG "Princess" rule change a case of wrong trsl. or established for "retheming"