Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159721 times)

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #1815 on: March 09, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »
Got this on Monday and I hope to get in a game or two this weekend!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1816 on: March 10, 2017, 07:25:57 AM »
I'm looking forward to trying this DaFees,  it's had some really mixed reviews (regarding take-that and OP).  Love to know what you think!

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 10, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
After waiting for the better part of six months, I am very pleased to finally receive Roll Player.  Can't wait to play it with my friends tomorrow!  Going to give it a whirl with my soon-to-be 9-year-old this afternoon.   ;D

I also received New York Slice (a re-theme of the RGG game Piece 'O Cake) as a gift for said soon-to-be 9-year-old's birthday next week.

I'm a moron and can't figure out how to insert a picture into my post.  :o

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:40:47 AM by CKorfmann »
Flee the fleas.

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 10, 2017, 11:36:17 PM »
Yesterday, these beauties arrived in my...euhm...analogue mailbox.

Normally I'm not that keen to take some unknown Russians into my house but for these 2, I'm willing to take the risk.  With the addition of Cult, Siege & Creativity and Windroses 1, I only need Cathars, Tunnels and Crop Circles 1 to feel V1-complete and finally sleep in all peace again.   :)

An absolute massive thanks to Halfling for sharing these and other little treasures with this community...I even forgive you the Brexit right now.   :P

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 11, 2017, 12:57:38 AM »
I can now say that I have seen, held and sold the Cult, Siege and Creativity box + contents.  I did not look inside so I have not seen the tiles yet though.  Maybe one day!!
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 11, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »
My order from Spielbox arrived.  My wife purchased and loves Stone Age, so why not use that as an excuse to finally get Little Buildings.  Also obtained an Easter treat for my son.

I now have all 3 sets of the Cult plus 2 extra Cult tiles.

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 12, 2017, 03:56:43 AM »
I can now say that I have seen, held and sold the Cult, Siege and Creativity box + contents.  I did not look inside so I have not seen the tiles yet though.  Maybe one day!!

Hello Halfling,

A look inside was not prohibited at all, there wasn't a shrink wrap so you might as well had a look.  Anyway, I'm happy you sacrificed that one to me!  If I find a second one for a fair price, you'll be the first to know, that's a promise!
Funny to see I now have two tiles with a K on the back.  Luckily, we draw our tiles out of a bag.  Although, those Russian tiles feel different as well...but hey, 2 tiles extra...I'm not complaining!  :yellow-meeple:

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 16, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »
Keeping the Postman busy  ;D

Especially look forward to playing The Palaces of Carrara.
With the Zman version difficult to find I was still happy to get the HiG version. I've just printed the English rule books and expansion cards.

La Granja was a clear off price for a ding and dent sale, couldn't pass it up. The damage on the top of the box isn't as bad as it looks and the contents are perfect.

Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 16, 2017, 09:33:58 PM »
I'm looking forward to trying this DaFees,  it's had some really mixed reviews (regarding take-that and OP).  Love to know what you think!

Finally got to play this last night. Played 3 games of it in fact. It was everything I expected and more. The game, to me at least, is a lot of fun. Plenty strategy and ways to win, for sure. The gameplay is fairly smooth and easy to follow. The various theme packs are fantastic and absolutely look forward to more. As to the elephant in the room in regards to the 'take that' elements. I can say this; There are two main forms of take that. One, are the unfair cards which can be nasty (I got hit pretty hard by one of them during the second game I played) but they impact everyone. Two, are event cards. Most event cards have an either/or choice in that you can positively affect yourself or negatively affect your opponent(s). From what I have seen though while you can be a jerk to your opponents, you're likely doing so at a cost to yours. A good example of this is the Merchandising/Giant Wad of Cash event card. With this card, you can either give yourself 5 coins or close an opponent's attraction. So while you could hurt your opponent for a round you also hurt yourself by denying yourself 5 coins that could make the difference between doing what you wanted to do and not.

For what it is worth I wouldn't put too much stock into some of the reviews you might read, especially if you haven't played the game for yourself yet. The game, again, for me at least, really is a lot of fun and while take that does exist to a degree I do not think it is anywhere near as bad as it has been made out to be. I mean you'd have to be a really big care bear for the take that element to be of any real bother and even then the game includes a game changer card that allows to play the game with most of the take that not allowed.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1824 on: March 18, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »
That's good to hear! Glad you liked it - looking forward to my copy arriving in the next few days!

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 19, 2017, 08:45:02 AM »
A very pleasant and unexpected letter arrived whilst we were away for a long weekend.  Newly opened and a picture of The Bountiful Harvest had to be shared.  My thanks to Wolnic. 

Rules found and downloaded.  First game about to get underway.  White vs Yellow vs Red.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:53:40 AM by Halfling, Reason: Name of expansion identified and rules downloaded »

Offline Ratz65

• Marquis
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:16 AM »
A very pleasant and unexpected letter arrived whilst we were away for a long weekend.  Newly opened and a picture of The Bountiful Harvest had to be shared.  My thanks to Wolnic. 

Rules found and downloaded.  First game about to get underway.  White vs Yellow vs Red.

Very good. I would also like to have these tiles.  ;) :(y)

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 19, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »

You're welcome! Enjoy.
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 20, 2017, 06:46:56 AM »
Special delivery from Bremen. Again many thanks to totor66 and indirectly a bit to danisthirty too, for helping me to complete my Carcassonne collection.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 20, 2017, 07:34:20 AM »
Special delivery from Bremen. Again many thanks to totor66 and indirectly a bit to danisthirty too, for helping me to complete my Carcassonne collection.

No problem at all. Happy to have helped. And confused as to how I helped.

Interesting that you managed to chase down this special edition of C, S & C with the misprinted barcode (the one ending 00371 rather than 00261). I've seen those going on eBay for a lot, even though half the time people don't realise they're selling the rare misprinted edition. Great find! :) :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Game of Love Podcast

Started by danisthirty

2 Replies
Last post November 26, 2014, 05:52:39 AM
by danisthirty