Author Topic: Traders & Builders Question  (Read 3761 times)

Offline manolaren

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Traders & Builders Question
« on: March 31, 2018, 03:54:22 AM »
Hi. I want to ask you pls a question about when you score completed cities containing piles with trade symbols.

In your 7.4v rules document you say "when a city containing one or more trade symbols is completed, the city is scored as usual. The player who completed the city receives one trade counter for each related trade symbol in the city—this player is, so to speak, the trader of the city. It is irrelevant whether this player had a knight in the city, or indeed whether there were any knights in the city at all".

If i m not wrong in the default rules of the main game when a city is completed you wait until the end of the round in order to score and take the points and the follower(s) back to your stack. Now, if the completed city contains trade symbols does it scores immediately taking points and follower(s) back or you must again wait until the end of the round?

Thank you.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3903.0

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Traders & Builders Question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 04:16:09 AM »
Hi manolaren, there are no rounds in Carcassonne. When a city/road/cloister is completed, it is scored at the end of that player's turn (i.e. immediately). The general order of events in a player's turn (if applicable) is 1. place tile 2. 'move wood' 3. score.

Offline manolaren

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 04:25:24 AM »
Then it was my misunderstanding. Thank you very much.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:50:29 AM »
When a city/road/cloister is completed, it is scored at the end of that player's turn (i.e. immediately).

Just to clarify ... don't take the word "immediately" at face value. A large variety of actions can happen in between a feature being completed at the beginning of step 1 and the points being scored at the end of step 3. These include deploying a figure; removing figures from the map (princess, festival, abbot, etc.); moving the fairy, ferries, dragon, mage, and/or witch; scoring the fairy; receiving trade goods and/or gold; taking a shepherd action; deploying a phantom; moving robbers; converting towns to castles; redeploying from the City of Carcassonne; buying back prisoners; fleeing the plague....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:52:34 AM by Just a Bill »
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline manolaren

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 07:02:03 AM »
Ok, got it now.
In my local language the translated manual says that the score is taking place at the end of the round. Now i get that it really means "at the end of the turn of the player".
Thank you.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:40:22 AM »
Hope you have fun playing manolaren, glad you found the answer you needed  :(y)

Offline flipshot

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • Is it time to play or sleep?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 09:45:13 AM »
Just to clarify: when a city with goods is completed, points for the city are scored as normal (to the person(s) with meeple plurality) and goods tokens are distributed to the person who just played that last tile. There are no points awarded for the tokens at this time. Points for goods tokens are part of the end-game scoring.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 12:12:41 AM »
Just to clarify: when a city with goods is completed, points for the city are scored as normal (to the person(s) with meeple plurality) and goods tokens are distributed to the person who just played that last tile. There are no points awarded for the tokens at this time. Points for goods tokens are part of the end-game scoring.
Exactly

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
"Traders & Builders" Expansion - Question about Rules

Started by PriusGuy2004

13 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 02:54:44 PM
by PriusGuy2004
xx
Builders and Traders rule question

Started by Jarle

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2016, 09:25:26 AM