Author Topic: Princess & Dragon League: Princesses  (Read 45127 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Princess & Dragon League: Princesses
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »
Here comes the x-score list - CarcC-B-Princesses 30 01 2016:

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2016, 08:56:58 AM »
 :green-meeple: kettlefish 204 -  :red-meeple: Carcking 150

This game was great for me - not for Carcking - I am sorry for you.
Carcking played very well, but in this game were the tiles more friendly to me.
The dragon and the princess did a good job and the magic portal was also useful.
The fairy gave us many points.

Early in the game I have finished some cities and during the game we fight hard for the big farm.

Thanks for the game Carcking.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2016, 12:43:05 PM »
Khalid and I just played a draw - 141 each!! I thought I had it locked up but he drew a princess tile on the last tile of the game and used it to remove my knight from a six-point incomplete city.

It was a tense and terrific game from start to finish. Khalid started well and built an early lead through the completion of several medium-sized cities. A huge city started developing in the centre-east of the landscape and we both fought hard for it. I was probably more aggressive though and usually had one more meeple in or around the city. One got eaten by the dragon, and it was 2-2 for a while until I used a magic portal to get another one nearby and then join it soon after. Khalid soon made it unfinishable but I thought the three-meeple investment was worth it for a 31-point incomplete city.

We also fought for a farm that ended up only being worth 12 points. Khalid had two farmers in it at one stage but both fell victim to the dragon, so I claimed it. But he won a 9-point farm elsewhere on the board.

It was Khalid who started building the incomplete city to the west but the dragon got his knight on the same turn that it took his nearby farmer. I jumped into the city a few turns later as the game neared its end just for the unfinished points that gave me a small edge. But Khalid got the princess tile he needed on his last turn and removed my knight.

In the end I think a draw was a fair result!

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
Yes a great game jungleboy but I'd say that the draw was possibly generous to me.  When I drew the RFRF dragon tile, the dragon was right next to your cloister and I should have just eaten on that move.  I also didn't value the western city enough and I was just so lucky to boot you off it.

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2016, 12:53:13 PM »
I'll be available to play this evening at 10pm London time.  If you want to play then, send me a message.

:red-meeple:

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2016, 01:39:30 PM »

Yes a great game jungleboy but I'd say that the draw was possibly generous to me.  When I drew the RFRF dragon tile, the dragon was right next to your cloister and I should have just eaten on that move.  I also didn't value the western city enough and I was just so lucky to boot you off it.

In hindsight I made a mistake on my last tile (CCFF splitter), which I could have placed exactly where you put your last tile. But with no meets left, I didn't want to complete the smaller unclaimed city to possibly create a 6-point farm for you to take on your last tile.

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2016, 02:20:00 PM »
 :red-meeple: khalidqasrawi 214
 :blue-meeple: Chuck 133

It was a fiery start with much early volcano and dragon action.  It worked in my favour I think as I had a strong lead after about 30 tiles.  The main farm had the volcano RFFF tile on it and that plus the partial depletion of dragon tiles convinced me to start farming, something I'd usually like to wait until later.

All the while I was building in vain the city at 5pm.  It started as a sweet little thing.  I was expecting a 3 tiles and close it with a fairy and that'll be a nice addition to my farm type thing but Chuck was rude and kept on trying to block me in it.  But I got lucky with predicting the sequence of tiles.  This expansion is heavy on CCCF tiles so leaving a hole shaped like that improved my luck!  So it grew until it was a mature city and scored me 39 in the end.

I relaxed.

All the time though, Chuck was stealing points here and there and grinding down the difference but I'd trapped a lot of his meeples for much of the game so really I restricted him to tactical gains.

The final few moves saw some late farm activity and we had a collection of good farms so it was more a grab and take than fight.

A good fun game.  Thanks Chuck.

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 3
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »
Yeah, I was running behind you. It's a pity to draw the ccff with volcano as first tile. So I got no points.
Another learner for me.
Good game, with the greatest margin of points for me so far.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2016, 01:05:43 PM »
 :yellow-meeple: Halflling 166 -  :green-meeple: kettlefish 152

This was my last game in this princesses group

It was an intersting game. Halfling put often away my knights out of the cities with the princess.
I put his farmers away from the big farm with the help from the dragon. But it was not enough points.
During the game Halfling had all the time more points, but at the end of the game we both were a bit surprised that he has won in total, because he had no farm points. He earns many more points with cities than me.

Thanks for the game Halfling.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:07:45 PM by kettlefish »

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2016, 05:25:58 PM »
Carcking 154 - Khalid 130

Khalid held the lead for much of the game as we fought back and forth for the big city in the southwest. Dragon play became relevant for the city. I sacrificed a follower trying to glom on in order to draw the dragon one space away from Khalid's only follower in the city. So for the moment the city was empty. I was then lucky enough to get right back in and was able to defend. Then I was lucky enough to draw the tiles I needed to close it. I was able to get an early lead on the big farm and was able to defend it throughout the game.

Thanks for the good game Khalid!

I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2016, 11:29:10 PM »
A very enjoyable game with Kettlefish yesterday evening.  I had the luck the tiles, not only using 2 princesses to oust Green Meeples but also picking out tiles to complete large cities which I failed to do in earlier matches in this tournament.  The dragon was slow to arrive and when he did he stayed out on the top right and then the bottom right of the game.  We both had farmers eaten in the middle of the game and then I thought the crushing blow was having both my remaining farmers eaten at about 3/4 point of the game.  Kettlefish already had 3 farmers in the same field so I was playing farmer catchup.  I had the lead at this point and continued to pick up small city and road points getting the +3 fairy bonus wherever possible.  The removal of the second green meeple with the princess must have been the crucial move.  The city was ultimately unfinished but I glommed in and then scored the points for it at the end.  The biggest surprise was the final scores.  I had zero farming points but won!  I has assumed the farm gave Kettlefish the victory and was just enjoying myself for the last 10-15 tiles as it was far too late to get 3 farmers involved.

We had a good chat whilst we played and I thank Kettlefish for a fun and enjoyable hour with the tiles of Carcassonne.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2016, 06:21:26 AM »
Good Afternoon All,

I'll be available till 17h00 GMT this afternoon.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2016, 09:54:08 AM »
Here comes the x-score list - CarcC-B-Princesses 03 02 2016:

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2016, 02:47:26 AM »
Hi All,

I should be available this afternoon between 14h00 to 15h30 GMT.

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2016, 03:51:22 PM »
 :blue-meeple: MrNumbers: 168
 :black1-meeple: khalidqasrawi: 158

I tried so so hard to win and came within a whisker of it but MrNumbers held firm and gained a well deserved 2 points.

I joined the board with MrNumbers in red.  He kindly agreed that we both play in our "away strips" as I think I felt handicapped in my last game with recognition issues.  The start was pretty interesting.  My first 4 tiles were RRFFs.  The first file shows the end of the opening game.  MrNumbers has all his meeples back and already a commanding lead and me with almost everything deployed but very few points to my name.  The dragon hadn't really done much at the start of the game.  I ended up making most of the points that those meeples were waiting for but not without a long wait.  Meanwhile MrNumbers continued to pick off points here there and everywhere during the mid game.  I drew lots of cloisters but just didn't have enough meeples in hand to take advantage of most of them.

The end game had me closing in on MrNumbers.  He'd made some farm grabs, some of which bothered me and some which I decided there were better places to invest effort.  Whilst I still needed points, half my attention was waiting to sort out the ugly truth of the city in the south.  I had that classic sinking feeling when you know you have to add a shield tile to an opponents city to keep alive the prospect of glomming it or booting him off and reduce the chance that it's completed.  I did manage to get a Princess on it to boot him off but he was back on within a few tile draws.  The one chance I drew a useful tile to join him on it, I was out of meeples.
In the final few moves I thought maybe I could push through with a clever farm or a lucky cloister and it seemed there was a slight possibility but realistically, I was out of resources and out of time.

An excellent hard fought game.  Well done MrNumbers, you are awesome.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:14:48 AM by khalidqasrawi »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Must or may - The Princess (The Princess and The Dragon)

Started by Windekind

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
by Meepledrone
exclamation
Expansion League #4: The Princess & The Dragon - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by danisthirty

159 Replies
Last post May 13, 2016, 12:18:39 PM
by Halfling
clip
Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9

Started by kettlefish

127 Replies
Last post May 09, 2016, 05:27:43 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Dragons