Author Topic: New Carcassonne App for Android  (Read 66197 times)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Re: New Carcassonne App for Android
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 10:16:29 AM »
Mine is Exozet as well. It's the old .apk version. Could be the one and the same as I have:...

This is the old version;...

Yep, that's it exactly, with the blue-colored wood background and all.  The updates and expansions would be cool, but I'm not anxious to buy it again. 

@CKorfmann: Where did you buy the game from and what's your device?

I bought it on the play store over a year ago.  My device is an LG Optimus Q.  Why was there never an upgrade to the new version?
Flee the fleas.

Offline exozet

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 01:54:25 AM »
Unfortunately low-end devices are not supported by our new version of Carcassonne. That why you are stuck with "Version 7". Sorry :/

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 02:08:46 AM »
@exozet - In my opinion, the list of remaining tiles should not be available during online matches. Maybe this is a personal thing but I’m a bit of a purist and I prefer to rely purely on memory; having a list of tiles on hand to refer to is too much of an advantage. If others disagree (which they’re perfectly entitled to) then maybe there should be a profile option to disable this and only hook me up with other players who also have this disabled. This would lead to fairer, more balanced games in my opinion.

Secondly, and I don’t know if this is a bug or quite what. But I appear to have unintentionally set two hidden options which I can’t now reset. The first is “Always give my opponent all the tiles he needs” which is On. The other is “Occasionally give me the tiles that I need” which is Off. Is this something you could check for me?  ;D

With regards to the device issue, presumably it would still be free to upgrade to the newer version if Chris had a newer device to play it on?

Offline exozet

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 03:03:35 AM »
I'll see what we can do about the remaining tiles feature.

And yes, if Chris gets a new device where our updated version of Carcassonne is running on he can upgrade for free.

Offline ldhughes59

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 08:44:37 AM »
@exozet,

I got my copy of Carcassonne App for Android from the Amazon App Store and it is always at least one update behind the Play Store version.  Is there a reason for this?  I'd like to get the latest version but will have to wait for Amazon to update it or buy it from Play Store, which I really don't want to do.

Offline exozet

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Actually we submitted the Amazon update only very few days after the Google Play version. The latest version has passed Amazon QA yesterday. Not sure why it hasn't been published by Amazon yet. We have contacted them today regarding this issue. Hopefully it will be online some time this weekend.

Offline exozet

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 06:16:20 AM »

Offline Guy

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 08:27:08 AM »
Getting very good at a 36 tile game of Carcassonne on the Windows Phone demo. Still not entirely convinced that this will be worth the money on such a small screen as my phone... But good fun for sure!

Guy
I play orange

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »
OK, so this happened during an offline game against an AI opponent:

@exozet - I don't have an exact number but I know I've played at least a thousand games through the app and this was the first time I've ever been allowed to make an illegal tile placement such as this. So I'm assuming this bug has come about as part of a recent update?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:15:31 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Durbs

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • Dirty Meeple Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 06:40:48 AM »
@exozet - In my opinion, the list of remaining tiles should not be available during online matches. Maybe this is a personal thing but I’m a bit of a purist and I prefer to rely purely on memory; having a list of tiles on hand to refer to is too much of an advantage. If others disagree (which they’re perfectly entitled to) then maybe there should be a profile option to disable this and only hook me up with other players who also have this disabled. This would lead to fairer, more balanced games in my opinion.

Massive +1 to this...

Think I included this in my Play store review - but this should at least be a toggle, but ideally just not appear in online games. In real-world Carc, you can't see what's left in the bag, so it shouldn't really be an option in an online match.

Other things I'd like to see (if you're still monitoring this form - top marks for doing so by the way!)

• Match tally for keeping track of matches played against friends
  • Abbey & Mayor ;)
  • Quick match for more than 2-player game

Offline exozet

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2015, 07:38:42 AM »
Thanks for all your feedback. At least for the 'remaining tiles' I can let you know that it's on our feature wish list for a future update. We plan to implement an option for turning it on and off.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »
Thanks for your response guys. Please keep up the good work!  :(y)

Offline Durbs

• Villein
  • Dirty Meeple Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 06:30:12 AM »
Hurrah - new update last night, including the ability to turn on/off displaying remaining tiles  :(y)

Also added River 2 expansion which is nice. ^-^

One question I do have, and it's asked only out of curiosity - as the other expansions already work in single-player, why is it so hard to implement them into multi-player? Surely if the rules for placement and scoring have been defined once, adding them to multi-player is easy? I have zero knowledge of programming, so it really is just out of interest, not meant to sound like a dig!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 06:39:42 AM »
Hurrah - new update last night, including the ability to turn on/off displaying remaining tiles  :(y)

Also added River 2 expansion which is nice. ^-^

Maybe I'm wrong. But I think these have been around for a while...

One question I do have, and it's asked only out of curiosity - as the other expansions already work in single-player, why is it so hard to implement them into multi-player? Surely if the rules for placement and scoring have been defined once, adding them to multi-player is easy? I have zero knowledge of programming, so it really is just out of interest, not meant to sound like a dig!

I know what you mean. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that these have to be paid for in addition to the app itself so it might be a case of "what happens if someone tries to start a Traders & Builders games against someone who doesn't have it"?

Offline Durbs

• Villein
  • Dirty Meeple Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »
I only got the update last night? River 2 added to multi-player to be precise, not the expansion itself...? You couldn't turn off the remaining tiles either pre-update, just choose whether to show broken tiles or not :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Android Carcassonne: 16 March 2015 - Amazon free app of the day

Started by Joff

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 11:10:32 AM
by kettlefish
xx
Carcassonne: Amazon Free App of the Day 12/3/13 (Android)

Started by evmillan

0 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
by evmillan
xx
Android Carcassone App - Error

Started by mjwalker

1 Replies
Last post December 30, 2016, 02:18:00 PM
by Decar
xx
Bug in android app, clarification?