Author Topic: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition  (Read 56917 times)

t2k

Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2021, 10:59:17 PM »
Proceed to the link below.  It shows details of the box art and rule sheet somewhat changed with scrollwork.  But the tiles on the rule sheet look the same as the 2014 version.  Could this be a packaging change only.  Someone tell me if I am missing something.

https://www.hans-im-glueck.de/en/carcassonne20/jubilaeums-produkte.html#content
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 11:09:14 PM by t2k »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2021, 11:21:23 PM »
Hi,

We had more informations here:

https://www.spielwarenmesse.de/en/product-preview/games/carcassonne-anniversary-edition

The premium box contains the base game, as well as the mini-expansions “the river” (with 5 brand new river tiles), “the abbot” and an “anniversary-mini-expansion” (consisting of 15 never-before-seen tiles).
All tiles are adorned with UV-print and detailed easter-eggs are a special asset for all fans. On top of it all, we gave also added Meeple costumes in sticker form, and improved the inlay as well as the rules.
Nevertheless, all contents are completely compatible with the existing and future world of Carcassonne. 
  :yellow-meeple:

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2021, 11:22:00 PM »
Have a look at the picture of the new tiles  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Dkmvs

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • Just lurking around..
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2021, 04:49:41 AM »
Except the new tiles, I miss something that makes it a collectors item. Stickers are funny but no extra worth imo. The box.. Yeah most of us have combined all expansions in one big box, so nothing to gain there. They should’ve added another ‘special’ meeple, and use the 15 cards as a new expansion to go with it. It is because of their 20th anniversary!

So for me, unless the price is right, there’s too little to make it worth buying. Sadly.

I do hope they’ll announce more but as it’s now, there won’t be anything ‘special’ that’ll convince me, else they would’ve already announced it.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2021, 08:19:34 AM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 08:27:14 AM by Decar, Reason: no need to quote the previous post in it\'s entirety »
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2021, 03:53:18 PM »
Hi,

We had more informations here:

https://www.spielwarenmesse.de/en/product-preview/games/carcassonne-anniversary-edition

:yellow-meeple:

Nice, release date May 28, 2021. That's a Friday. This is my first rodeo. Is Cundco the best place to buy?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2021, 03:59:10 PM »
Nice, release date May 28, 2021. That's a Friday. This is my first rodeo. Is Cundco the best place to buy?

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet where it will be available, but Cundco certainly seems like a safe bet until we know more.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2021, 04:06:54 PM »
Except the new tiles, I miss something that makes it a collectors item. Stickers are funny but no extra worth imo. The box.. Yeah most of us have combined all expansions in one big box, so nothing to gain there. They should’ve added another ‘special’ meeple, and use the 15 cards as a new expansion to go with it. It is because of their 20th anniversary!

So for me, unless the price is right, there’s too little to make it worth buying. Sadly.

I do hope they’ll announce more but as it’s now, there won’t be anything ‘special’ that’ll convince me, else they would’ve already announced it.

I understand, but you are looking for craftsmanship and quality of yesteryear. These days, business models are all about selling more. So, they can sell the 20th Anniversary Edition in May and then another Big Box that incorporates some of the new features a few months later...that way people buy 2 instead of 1. Because those who are likely to buy the anniversary edition are likely to buy both anyways. Big boxes buyers are less likely to buy both. It's just business. Sadly.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2021, 04:10:51 PM »
English version also avialable:

https://www.hans-im-glueck.de/en/news/brandnew-neuheiten-2021.html

For the meeples...I understand the red knight. I understand the yellow farmer/herder. I don't get the blue lumberjack. Maybe a new twist?

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2021, 09:10:57 AM »
A little discussion about the UV-print on the tiles. I did not know what this meant beforehand, and had to look it up.
If I understand it correctly, UV-printing is a printing method utilizing ultra-violet light source as means of curing the ink instantly after appliction. This should result in much finer detail and sharpness, because the applied ink dots do not have enough time to spread out too much and get blurry.

If anyone is well familiar with UV-printing and has some useful or interesting information to share, feel free to let us know!

PS: When I first read the sentence: "All tiles are adorned with UV-print and detailed easter-eggs are a special asset for all fans", I thought there would be hidden easter-eggs on the tiles, only visible under UV-light  ;D Well too bad :-[

Offline carlium

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 25
  • I haven't updated my profile yet! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2021, 01:10:15 PM »
When I read that, I thought that was something like this:
https://www.primoprint.com/blog/what-is-spot-uv-printing-2/

Marks with different gloss levels.  I found pretty interesting examples when I  googled "uv spot business cards"

Nevertheless, I am not sure if that is what they call UV-printing.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2021, 01:20:49 PM »
I think this is referring to UV-spot printing. It's usually done on box covers or book covers, to make some of it shiny.

Given tiles are already shiny, I suspect it'll be applied across the whole service, making them more durable:

For example from this site, there's a video:
https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/customized/custom-game-tiles.html

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2021, 03:50:49 PM »
Hmm... perhaps it is both  ??? More durable tiles and greater detail.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2021, 05:14:59 PM »
Spot UV is great visually. It can really make features pop. But assuming they spot UV treat cities and roads and monasteries, you may be able to actually feel the UV spots if using a draw bag. They usually are smooth areas compared to the linen style of a normal Carcassonne tile. I am certainly intrigued to see what these actually look and feel like. But I'm much more interested in the new tiles.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2021, 12:00:04 AM »
I'm having a thought about the 15 new tiles for the special expansion...beyond the extended river tiles. So, the picture shows that it looks like there will be some festival tiles. The last two festivals both added 10 tiles each, but the description says 15....so maybe 10 festival plus something else??? -  :pink-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne 20th anniversary edition 2021

Started by Christianmocking

10 Replies
Last post January 16, 2021, 05:48:06 AM
by Decar
question
Best expansions to complement 20th Anniversary Edition

Started by h0bbitses

7 Replies
Last post December 06, 2021, 01:14:39 PM