Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159951 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #1035 on: March 03, 2016, 10:39:56 PM »
Sadly the grey board that i ordered was a normal brown board..

:(

Came across these today as well. Might be interested in buying them and trading/sending if someone is interested?

Since all the cool kids are getting these at the moment I guess I probably should do too. If they're still available could you PM me about them Valheru? I'll be your best friend forever and call you Val-Hero for a month if you do. Those are my conditions.

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #1036 on: March 04, 2016, 03:33:34 AM »
In the post from CundCo today:

Pink & Purple "completion" meeples (the ones for all of the expansions that didn't come with meeples in the extended colours) arrived - wagons, femeeples, barns, mayors & robbers.
Das Fest (hat tip to @JoeSesquipedalian for the heads up - merit already given at point of ordering)
South Seas - Friday (I didn't own the game at the point I ordered them)
GoldRush - Sheriff (I don't even own the base game yet  O0)
Whatever it is, it's probably in the post from Germany...

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 04, 2016, 04:19:10 AM »
Sadly the grey board that i ordered was a normal brown board..

:(

Came across these today as well. Might be interested in buying them and trading/sending if someone is interested?

Since all the cool kids are getting these at the moment I guess I probably should do too. If they're still available could you PM me about them Valheru? I'll be your best friend forever and call you Val-Hero for a month if you do. Those are my conditions.

I've contacted the seller and I'm waiting on his response. If/when I hear something from him and finish the deal, they're yours! ;)

I'll wait a bit with sending my signed tiles so I can include them.

My order from Cundco arrived as well today! The fest and a pink/purple robber are mine!

Also, might have finished a deal on Cathars and Fliers. Good tidings!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:21:41 AM by Valheru »
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 04, 2016, 05:50:34 AM »

I've contacted the seller and I'm waiting on his response. If/when I hear something from him and finish the deal, they're yours! ;)

I'll wait a bit with sending my signed tiles so I can include them.

Thanks very much Valhero. :) :(y)

Meanwhile, in Dan land, these two arrived today:

With any luck, they should be seeing some table action before the end of next week. Photos to follow...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:59:43 AM by danisthirty »

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 04, 2016, 01:52:23 PM »
I'm excited by this arrival!

Tuscany expands Viticulture. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/128621/viticulture

This series has quickly becoming our new favourite worker placement game. We actually own the updated Viticulture: Essential Edition (2015), which has, a very few, elements of Tuscany already included. Regardless there are many more mini expansion in Tuscany that further expands the game. I also understand by posts from the designer / publisher, Jamey Stegmaier, there are 5 mini expansions in this set that will not get a future reprinted.

First attached photo is the Tuscany expansion box that just arrived and the second was our first game of V:EE.

Highly recommend the series, especially if you like Stone Age or Agricola / Agricola: all creatures ...
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 06, 2016, 03:44:01 AM »
These arrived for me today:

They are the weird river tiles with number codes on the back of them that come from a version of the Carcassonne PC game. :green-meeple:

They can not be played without a bag because the numbers can be stored, however, they must be safe included in Completionism Poll
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:27:26 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Links fixed »
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 07, 2016, 04:14:48 PM »
My first Rio Grande made expansion arrived today  :D

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #1042 on: March 08, 2016, 03:28:24 AM »
My second non-German Carcassonne game...

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1043 on: March 08, 2016, 07:03:30 AM »
Apparently, "The Complete Carcassonne Collection" has been available for a long time, I should have just ordered this  :(y) :(y) :(y)

Edit: whoot 1700 posts
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:11:21 AM by Decar »

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 08, 2016, 07:19:47 AM »
Apparently, "The Complete Carcassonne Collection" has been available for a long time, I should have just ordered this  :(y) :(y) :(y)

How does the inside look? Is it devided in certain parts?

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 08, 2016, 08:03:51 AM »

Cool find Decar! Anything exciting about the tiles or components inside?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1046 on: March 08, 2016, 08:10:53 AM »
I'll let you know tonight - I only had time for a quick snap while I was at home for lunch!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1047 on: March 08, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
Nothing overly special about it the printing.  The box is the most interesting bit.  I especially like the Blue Carcassonne Logo, I've never see this before.   

The inside is just like a regular Carcassonne box, except it's much bigger.  I've not looked at all the tiles, but they look regular.  The Inns and Cathedrals CRCr tile is without bushes.

The rules are all distributed as separate sheets dated 2000, 2002 and 2003.  Inns and Cathedrals is listed as 'The Expansion'.  I'll need to check which edition of the base game rules are printed, but shows tall meeple.

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 08, 2016, 10:57:08 AM »
Nothing overly special about it the printing.  The box is the most interesting bit.  I especially like the Blue Carcassonne Logo, I've never see this before.   

The inside is just like a regular Carcassonne box, except it's much bigger.  I've not looked at all the tiles, but they look regular.  The Inns and Cathedrals CRCr tile is without bushes.

The rules are all distributed as separate sheets dated 2000, 2002 and 2003.  Inns and Cathedrals is listed as 'The Expansion'.  I'll need to check which edition of the base game rules are printed, but shows tall meeple.

Very cool. I might try and pick one of these up if I see it anywhere, but at least the lack of unique components means I won't have the full completionist itch for it!

One thing about the I&C CRCR tile, did this gain bushes and a watermark at the same time? Or does there exist a tile out there with the bushes but not the watermark or vice versa? From what research I have done I think that they both appeared together on the Big Box 1 version of I&C and have existed on all editions since, but that could be wrong.

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 09, 2016, 07:47:04 AM »
Decar, that set looks nice, will have to keep my eye out. I can't image they are easy to find.

I've been away for the last few days in the National capital (Ottawa) for industry / Government meetings. Came home to this lot and am especially excited about Walnut Grove. It looks to be a very good blend of Worker placement and Tile laying with a Rondel system to boot. In the BGG blurb it is self described as, "Walnut Grove could be described as a light mashup between Carcassonne and Agricola." Two of my favourite games! https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103185/walnut-grove

I will leave this blatant commercial with a quote from Purge reviews, (who has experience with the game and can say it better than I can);

"The real brilliance of Walnut Grove is found in the meshing together of the tile laying to get provide the main resources you need with the rondel movement to either get what you need that you couldn't by using the farms or by attempting to score as many Victory Points as possible. While these two mechanics do not occur at the same time, your planning must incorporate both to have an effective strategy."

Second image is from the Purge review.

Ooh I'm also excited about the rest of the lot as well  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
Things I love about Carcassonne