Author Topic: Carcassonne & Co. Newsletter - announcing a new "Spiel '14" Carcassonne tile  (Read 39211 times)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
Im in deutschland atm.. i havent seen saint nicolas stuff yett. Every store has christmas stuff already..

Well that's what they emailed me. Maybe they realise they have a dutch fanbase or its a regional thing

Or they saw it on your email @email.nl

Offline Guesclin

• Vassal
  • Merit: 5
  • I haven't profiled my update yet!
    • View Profile
They know i'm dutch cause i ordered from them before. And the german Saint Nicolas does excist.I just don't think it's that widespread in Germany. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolaus_von_Myra. Anyways i think its good news if u can order the tile in another way.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:10:55 PM by Guesclin »
Dddddeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrppp

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
There was someone on here talking about a German company that does BB5 for 30
It is the "real"-supermarket - on this site you can search for a market http://www.real.de/markt-aendern.html

Nearly everywhere in Germay the children get St. Nicolas presents in the morning of the 6th of December. You have to clean a shoe and place it at the doorway. I think in the netherlands you get bigger presents ...
Thereafter St. Nicolas goes to the pole, fetches the reindeers and flies to the United States for the 24th of December. He masquerades as Santa Claus ... (In German he's called Sankt Nikolaus) while in Germany the children get their presents from the Christmas man (in Northern Germany / whom they call Father Christmas in England) or from the Christ Child himself (in Southern Germany).

I think the St. Nicolas action will be of HiG or Cundco themselves, not of 999 games in the Netherlands

Offline Guesclin

• Vassal
  • Merit: 5
  • I haven't profiled my update yet!
    • View Profile
There was someone on here talking about a German company that does BB5 for 30
It is the "real"-supermarket - on this site you can search for a market http://www.real.de/markt-aendern.html

Nearly everywhere in Germay the children get St. Nicolas presents in the morning of the 6th of December. You have to clean a shoe and place it at the doorway. I think in the netherlands you get bigger presents ...
Thereafter St. Nicolas goes to the pole, fetches the reindeers and flies to the United States for the 24th of December. He masquerades as Santa Claus ... (In German he's called Sankt Nikolaus) while in Germany the children get their presents from the Christmas man (in Northern Germany / whom they call Father Christmas in England) or from the Christ Child himself (in Southern Germany).

I think the St. Nicolas action will be of HiG or Cundco themselves, not of 999 games in the Netherlands

Well at least the germans are more creative with namegiving. In holland Santa Claus is called "De Kerstman" Which literally translates into "The Christmasguy"

It was Cundco answering the mail so it think it was them.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
I just ordered the besieger and halfing expansion from cundco and i asked them if they would make an exeption and include a spiel 2014 tile. This was the answer i received.

"thanks for your order. We're really sorry but the promo tile was exclusively for the Spiel 2014 and will not be sold (or give away) sepatately.
BUT, we'll include it in future special actions,maybe for Saint Nicolas, so keep your eyes open. ;-)"

I did the same thing... and I got the exact same response!  ;D

Offline cidervampire

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
I need a bunch of sets from Cundco but this has got me confused now, should I wait in case there is some sort of offer in December?

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
I don't think you can buy it in December but you have to do something for it - but I can't imagine, what is to do.

Offline Sekim

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
So is anyone in NL or DE selling this tile for a decent price?
I'd rather not spend €20 for it on eBay  :-[

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
Just to echo Sekim's post - if there are any owners of spare Spiel '14 tiles floating about willing to sell to someone in the UK, please get in touch - i'd be very grateful !

If not, I'll just have to wait for this mysterious Saint Nicholas to see if he pays Cundco a visit with the tile  ^-^ (I've just bought the besigner and half tiles though I still have a few more bits to purchase from there).

Offline wamboyil

• Vassal
  • Merit: 17
    • View Profile
Well, we were waiting for Santa Claus (aka St. Nicholas), and here he comes!

http://www.cundco.de/shop/?tx_dkdshop%5Bcategory%5D=1&tx_dkdshop%5Bproduct%5D=210

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
I have ordered mine.  Thanks.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Well, I wanted to order the Russian Railroads and Bruges mini expansions anyway. So if you place an order and give them a Christmas poem they will send you the Spiel 14 tile for free. They basically just need something to cover the cost of shipping.

I don't intend to own Carc 2.0 but for some reason I found myself wanting/needing this damned tile.  >:D

I placed my order and here is my poem:

With soft candle light glow and City lights low,
We melt into Christmas Carcassonne.
With minds burning bright in this evening delight,
The Farm has long been the largest one.
The Monastery quiet, hushes all who would try it
And the Road is long for the riding.
Meeting Heart, Mind and Soul, the bonds of friendship old,
Is Carcassonne at the Christmas tiding!

Anyone else want to post up their poems?

I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
Nice poem! I wrote one too, but on CarcF we diceded only to publish our poems after the end of the promotion. In ordner not to support people that might copy poems or steal ideas. :D
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline eddebaby

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
The promotion is over now right?

This is the poem Carla and I submitted (well she actually wrote it, and I just clicked the buttons on the website):

Dear Santa Claus, with thoughts of snow,
I write to you care of CundCo.
There are so many things I wished
To put down on my Christmas list.
But first of these, if I speak plain,
Would be the tile "Spiel '14".
I really hope they're not all gone
'Cause I love playing Carcassonne!

:blue-meeple: For those of you who aren't fluent in german - 14 is spelled "vierzehn" :blue-meeple:

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Hi eddebaby,
nice poem. Did you get the "Spiel '14" tile?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
smiley
[WTT] Spiel 22 promo tile for Spiel 23 promo tile - Done => Topic can be closed

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

2 Replies
Last post November 21, 2023, 04:34:18 PM