Author Topic: Willing To Sell: Inns & Cathedrals (Old Style)  (Read 14788 times)

Offline TheDoctor_13

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • I'll Claim This Farm
    • View Profile
Willing To Sell: Inns & Cathedrals (Old Style)
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »
I've had this for a bit, but seeing as I have the new style base game, and I&C is now out in the style, I'm willing to sell the old version. I just can't find how much it cost / is going for. Might be willing to trade if you got any cool accessories or I&C / T&B in the new style.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2358.0

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Willing To Sell: Inns & Cathedrals (Old Style)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 10:07:30 PM »
...I just can't find how much it cost / is going for...

It's going for 11 Euros on Cundco: http://cundco.de/en/expansions/carcassonne/49/carcassonne-1.-erw.-wirtshaeuser-und-kathedralen?c=44

Hope this helps :) :(y)

Offline TheDoctor_13

• Nobleman
  • I'll Claim This Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:44:21 PM »
...I just can't find how much it cost / is going for...

It's going for 11 Euros on Cundco: http://cundco.de/en/expansions/carcassonne/49/carcassonne-1.-erw.-wirtshaeuser-und-kathedralen?c=44

Hope this helps :) :(y)
Hm, so only about $12. Does it being played (though still like new) lower the price at-all, especially since its out of print? Thought it would be more considering how essential (though likely saturated) it is to the base game. Thanks for the answer though Dan!

So anyone interested? I found the new style for $11 or so, but its out of stock atm, so a trade would defiantly be great in-case a un-educated family member got you the new style for your old style collection. :P

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 12:21:58 AM »
11-12$ seems pretty reasonable.  I'm sure an old artwork player will be happy to snap that up. I have the feeling all the old expansions are becoming increasingly hard to find now.

Hopefully one day somone will want the extra Catapult I have stashed away here....I can only hope.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:46:44 AM »
Catapult will be valuable if it never gets reprinted in the new art. It's become the Star Wars Holiday Special of Carcassonne.

I have a copy of Inns & Cathedrals, Trader & Builder, and Hills & Sheep in the old art from Big Box 5 which I'll get rid of once I return to the US in 2018. I'll put it up for sale then, although I will definitely be trying to make a little profit with it. Gotta recoup the cost of the box after all. I'll keep the base game, Wheel of Fortune, and The River, though. All three are unique to this set.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 04:10:27 AM »
I need to make a decision soon about old art duplicates. I'm going to get a Basically Wooden travel box next month so I need to decide what expansions I want to put in it and then get second copies of them (plus the base game, obviously). But it's safe to say that Catapult won't be one of them!  >:D

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 06:22:28 PM »
I have a copy of Inns & Cathedrals, Trader & Builder, and Hills & Sheep in the old art from Big Box 5 which I'll get rid of [...] in 2018. I'll put it up for sale then, although I will definitely be trying to make a little profit with it. Gotta recoup the cost of the box after all.
Haha, thought exactly the same. :D Wanted to sell the expansion last year, but now I thought that waiting might pay more.  ;D
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline TheDoctor_13

• Nobleman
  • I'll Claim This Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 10:54:52 PM »
I have a copy of Inns & Cathedrals, Trader & Builder, and Hills & Sheep in the old art from Big Box 5 which I'll get rid of [...] in 2018. I'll put it up for sale then, although I will definitely be trying to make a little profit with it. Gotta recoup the cost of the box after all.
Haha, thought exactly the same. :D Wanted to sell the expansion last year, but now I thought that waiting might pay more.  ;D

Do you think the price will go up that much that waiting is worth it?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 11:46:45 PM »

Do you think the price will go up that much that waiting is worth it?
My experience is that when something popular goes out of stock permanently, it's value increases rapidly and then slowly plateaus as the number of people who are willing to by it decreases as the perceived/requested value increases. Except for LEGOs, which only increase in price. Just check the price of Memoir 44 Tigers in the Snow, or Catan Saggsen Gaden.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 03:58:56 AM »
This topic has been split into: Moaning About Common Languages in an attempt to keep this Topic about selling Inns and Cathedrals.

Offline ukrainian102

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »
PM sent  ;)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 07:57:57 AM »
I am also interested in the Old Style Inns & Cathedrals.   The new version can be had online for $15 shipped, so if anyone wants to upgrade to the new art, I am willing to pay $15 if you want to ship me your complete old version.   If you no longer have the box, the rules, or the gray meeple, I am still interested in the tiles for a reasonable price.  I live in Maryland. 

We just acquired the base game for Xmas.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, we ended up with the old style artwork.  My son who is 7 loves this game and we drove around to all of the local board game shops looking for the out of print expansions.  We found Abbey and Mayor plus Hills and Sheep.  There were no other old style expansions to be found.   :(

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 09:27:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum Dirk, good luck on your quest - it may be worth snooping around here to look where people buy things.

Funny you should join the forum now.  I was just looking at a Dirk Gently book on amazon, when you appeared.....the interconnectedness of all things....

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum Dirk, good luck on your quest - it may be worth snooping around here to look where people buy things.

Funny you should join the forum now.  I was just looking at a Dirk Gently book on amazon, when you appeared.....the interconnectedness of all things....

Thanks!  I have been lurking a few weeks.  Thanks to the fine people here, I scored the GQ11 expansion for $9 and that solved my wife's massive river farm problem.   8)

I have seen several copies on various European game sites along with some of the Big Boxes for reasonable prices.  I may have actually learned a little German and Flemish in doing so, but the shipping to the US is murder.  I asked Z-man if they had any laying around and they told me that the new art works well with the old.  I think they must be blind.  One of the owners of the game shop we frequent had already unloaded all of his old Carcassonne tiles because he loves the new art.   I figured there may be someone like him here who is doing the same. 

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
I asked Z-man if they had any laying around and they told me that the new art works well with the old.  I think they must be blind. 

Haha, well said. :) That's what many of us here think.

We just acquired the base game for Xmas.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, we ended up with the old style artwork. 

The old artwork is much-loved by many of us here and the new artwork has unfortunately created a sad divide in the game. I think you're fortunate to have ended up with old art. One of the strangely appealing things about Carcassonne for many of us has been hunting down rare expansions. For you, now, that basically means all expansions. So it might be a little frustrating but in the end you'll be super satisfied when you get your hands on them and it (sort of) adds to the fun and suspense.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Abbey & Mayor, Hills & Sheep in "old" art style

Started by DrManhattan

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2019, 02:05:06 PM
by Halfling
xx
Inns and cathedrals tile - old art - without the meeples watermark

Started by Halfling

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2020, 03:20:39 AM
by Halfling
xx
Lots of promos to trade/sell.

Started by CKorfmann

9 Replies
Last post August 06, 2017, 12:37:58 PM
by CKorfmann
xx
old style carcassonne

Started by Rosco

8 Replies
Last post February 22, 2018, 09:20:34 AM
by ADP_Rufio
xx
[WTS] King and Scout, Count of Carcassonne, River II (Old Style)

Started by raged_norm

1 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 07:50:50 AM
by danisthirty