Author Topic: Willing To Sell: Inns & Cathedrals (Old Style)  (Read 14866 times)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Re: Willing To Sell: Inns & Cathedrals (Old Style)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »
One of the strangely appealing things about Carcassonne for many of us has been hunting down rare expansions. For you, now, that basically means all expansions. So it might be a little frustrating but in the end you'll be super satisfied when you get your hands on them and it (sort of) adds to the fun and suspense.

I'm not going to try and catch them all.  I am really interested in Inns & Cathedrals and slightly interested in Traders and Builders and the mini expansions.  The Count (I bought the meeple for 25 cents, but have no tiles), The Princess & Dragon, and a few of the others make the game a little too cutthroat to play with a small child.  Also, my wife plays and I don't want to sleep on the sofa. 

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 12:13:45 PM »
I'm not going to try and catch them all.  I am really interested in Inns & Cathedrals and slightly interested in Traders and Builders and the mini expansions.  The Count (I bought the meeple for 25 cents, but have no tiles), The Princess & Dragon, and a few of the others make the game a little too cutthroat to play with a small child.  Also, my wife plays and I don't want to sleep on the sofa.

Fair enough, in that case it hopefully shouldn't be too hard for you to find what you want. Traders & Builders was voted on this site as being the best major expansion, so I'd definitely consider increasing your interest. It's not an aggressive or cutthroat expansion and it really adds so much to the game.

Offline ukrainian102

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »
I am also interested in the Old Style Inns & Cathedrals.   The new version can be had online for $15 shipped, so if anyone wants to upgrade to the new art, I am willing to pay $15 if you want to ship me your complete old version.   If you no longer have the box, the rules, or the gray meeple, I am still interested in the tiles for a reasonable price.  I live in Maryland. 

We just acquired the base game for Xmas.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, we ended up with the old style artwork.  My son who is 7 loves this game and we drove around to all of the local board game shops looking for the out of print expansions.  We found Abbey and Mayor plus Hills and Sheep.  There were no other old style expansions to be found.   :(

cundco.de has the German version in stock still. I emailed them, and they confirmed that it's the old artwork. The shipping to the US there is pretty expensive. I think it ends up being like $40 for everything.

giochinscatola.it has the Italian version with the old artwork. I emailed them to confirm also, and the shipping ended up being only about 18EUR, so "only" $30 or so for everything in total.

I went with the latter option, but recommend you email them before ordering just to make sure. I also checked with a few amazon.co.uk and amazon.de sellers, and they all had the new artwork only.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 03:41:23 PM »
I went as far as calling Canadian vendors without having luck.  For some reason paying that much to ship something kills me.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 11:11:27 PM »
I don't know if it would end up being any cheaper, but if you found something that could ship to the UK cheaply I'd be happy to pass you my address and then forward it on to you in the US for cost of postage.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Abbey & Mayor, Hills & Sheep in "old" art style

Started by DrManhattan

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2019, 02:05:06 PM
by Halfling
xx
Inns and cathedrals tile - old art - without the meeples watermark

Started by Halfling

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2020, 03:20:39 AM
by Halfling
xx
Lots of promos to trade/sell.

Started by CKorfmann

9 Replies
Last post August 06, 2017, 12:37:58 PM
by CKorfmann
xx
old style carcassonne

Started by Rosco

8 Replies
Last post February 22, 2018, 09:20:34 AM
by ADP_Rufio
xx
[WTS] King and Scout, Count of Carcassonne, River II (Old Style)

Started by raged_norm

1 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 07:50:50 AM
by danisthirty