Author Topic: clarifications of the rules  (Read 7716 times)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
clarifications of the rules
« on: June 20, 2018, 07:24:25 AM »
Hello everyone. I wondered why we are no longer talking about clarifications of rules and official interactions between the new expansions with all the previous ones. I remember that , until a little time ago, Kettlefish sporadically contacted the authors just to formalize rules omitted from the original ones, but, if I'm not mistaken, from the German castles on, this is nomore done ... It changes something on the German forum ? are they more organized? I know that JustaBill is working on a new CAR, but it would remain incomplete without further clarification ... did I miss something and am I the only one to do this thought?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3984.0

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: clarifications of the rules
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »
It's not just rules clarifications. Every part of CarcC is very quiet at the moment  :'(

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:26:24 PM »
I have no new clarification of rules at the moment.
I hadn't time to look into the minis for the New Edition ("Wachtürme" or "Obstbäume).

I did some correction reading for the new Spin-off game "Safari" in the last week.

At the fan meeting in 2 week I will met the HiG-Team - perhaps I will get some information.
But I don't have a list with rule questions.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 01:30:20 PM »
So... We have 2 weeks to give you a list of question! :) Good!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 01:40:50 PM »
The other thing is that many of the new art exclusives actually include disclaimers in the rules to say that if you combine that expansion with any other then you are doing so at your own risk. Based on this alone, I'd be quite surprised if HiG wanted to answer questions about rules because it seems to me like they're trying to wash their hands of it.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 01:42:30 PM »
We can try...
Tomorrow I'll have the morning free... I can make a list of simple interactions.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:45:03 PM by aenima »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 02:56:23 PM »
We can try...
Tomorrow I'll have the morning free... I can make a list of simple interactions.

Indeed we can! Good luck  ;) :(y)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 05:16:09 AM »
Here are the questions I'd like an answer about the latest expansions:

- labyrinths of carcassonne
- is the labyrinth and all the roads connected to it considered a single road (referring to inns and German cathedrals)?
- what happens at the end of the game to the followers present on the labyrinth and to the roads connected to it?

- Guard towers
- Does the tower with a monastery illustrated assign points to cult places, German monasteries, Japanese temples, cathedrals and German cathedrals?
- what happens at the end of the game to the followers on the tiles with the watchtowers?

- Markets of Leipzig
- which followers can be sent to the City of Leipzig?
- the tiles of the city of Leipzig are considered single tiles like the German castles (in reference to the movement of the dragon, to the capture from the towers, to the flying machines and to the assignment of points for the monasteries)?
- The City of Leipzig is considered as The Wheel of Fortune or the City of Carcassonne (dragon, towers and plague can not interact with the interior, but can interact with the outside)?
- Can I send 2 followers to the city of Leipzig using a double turn or with the phantom?
- Can I send followers to the city of Leipzig with flying machines or magic portals?
- Can the followers in the city collect fruits from adjacent fruit trees?
- the district Cartwright: the bonus to the streets is added to the bonus of the inns or the German cathedrals?
- the Bookbinder district: does the bonus also go to cult place, cathedrals, German monasteries, Japanese temples, German cathedrals?

- Fruit trees
- Which followers can take or sell fruit?
- can acrobats collect or sell fruit?
- can bridges be built on fruit trees?
- can the followers positioned on towers adjacent to fruit trees collect or sell fruit?
- can I take 2 fruits or take a fruit and then sell by first positioning a follower then a phantom?
- can I take 2 fruits or take a fruit and then sell with a double turn?
- If you play adjacent to 2 trees, can you collect from both, buy from one and sell from another, immediately buy from one and sell the same fruit to another?

This is all that came to my mind ...
who wonts to help me to add more questions?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:40:17 AM by aenima »

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 08:33:09 AM »
so... does anyone want to add something?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 10:30:53 AM »
so... does anyone want to add something?
I haven't had time to watch into it :( Will take some time tomorrow.
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 01:06:13 AM »
unfortunately the rules for these three latest expansions clearly say:  There will be no official rules for interactions with other expansions.

So I doubt you'll ever get answers to your questions from HiG.

I do have one question about Fruit Trees, which TheSteveAllen asked on Slack:

If you play adjacent to 2 trees, can you collect from both, buy from one and sell from another, immediately buy from one and sell the same fruit to another?

The german says you many only take one action when placed next to 'a tree', so I believe not.  But the English translation says: 'the tree' so it would imply you could take multiple tree-actions.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 02:39:13 AM »
unfortunately the rules for these three latest expansions clearly say:  There will be no official rules for interactions with other expansions.

So I doubt you'll ever get answers to your questions from HiG.

I do have one question about Fruit Trees, which TheSteveAllen asked on Slack:

If you play adjacent to 2 trees, can you collect from both, buy from one and sell from another, immediately buy from one and sell the same fruit to another?

The german says you many only take one action when placed next to 'a tree', so I believe not.  But the English translation says: 'the tree' so it would imply you could take multiple tree-actions.

we can try... if Kettlefish brings with her a list at the meeting...
And if there will be not answers... well... I propose to open a discussion to "formalize" these interactions (following logical deductions based on CAR) between us, perhaps involving CF.
The HIG will also wash their hands, but we will continue to play and shuffle all the expansions we want ... and I think it's right to regulate ourself.
no?

I add the question to my list.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 02:41:27 AM »
Labyrinths
All road tiles connected to the labyrinth tile are part of one big multi-directional road. If an Inn is added then points are doubled if completed or zero if incomplete at final scoring.
The labyrinth is not a junction.
At game end, one point per road tile unless an Inn is part of the incomplete labyrinthine road with normal overmanning rules applying.

Watchtowers
Yes, in keeping with rules for other expansions the monastery symbol represents all religious denominations.
At game end - score as normal. The watchtower bonus is assigned to completed feature in which the meeple is placed on the watchtower tile.

Over to others for the remainder.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 02:45:27 AM »
Labyrinths
All road tiles connected to the labyrinth tile are part of one big multi-directional road. If an Inn is added then points are doubled if completed or zero if incomplete at final scoring.
The labyrinth is not a junction.
At game end, one point per road tile unless an Inn is part of the incomplete labyrinthine road with normal overmanning rules applying.

Watchtowers
Yes, in keeping with rules for other expansions the monastery symbol represents all religious denominations.
At game end - score as normal. The watchtower bonus is assigned to completed feature in which the meeple is placed on the watchtower tile.

Over to others for the remainder.

where do you got these?

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 02:56:35 AM »
All in keeping with existing rules. Hard to see any other interpretation, unlike the other 3 expansions.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Clarifications of rules (Mists over Carcassonne) - with HiG - 12 11 2022

Started by Meepledrone

0 Replies
Last post November 15, 2022, 10:31:20 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Markets of Leipzig - rules clarifications

Started by kettlefish

0 Replies
Last post January 30, 2022, 10:48:47 AM