Author Topic: Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2015  (Read 54875 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2015
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »
Today - I received my package from danisthirty - "Cult, Siege & Creativity".
Thank you Dan.

Yesterday - Decar got his "Wind Roses" and some small other things (autograph card, a river landscape tile and stickers - signed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede.

Unbelievable!

I received a very neat package from kettlefish yesterday afternoon.  I carefully opened it up and saw the Windrose facing me, in a vacuum packed bag with a cardboard backing on it.  It being so delicately packed, I was not in a rush to open it and I didn't realize there were some hidden extras attached!

My goodness - I cannot express my heartfelt thanks enough kettlefish. Prior to opening your gift, I did not possess anything signed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede.  These things will certainly hold a special place in my collection; you are very generous.

I have been thinking hard about what I could do in return for the community here; and I do not think I have much that could equal what I received today.

I do have a number of printed Russian Tiles I was intending to share with people at the UK Championships this May:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1684.msg22105#msg22105

Instead I will happily share what I have with anyone who would like them.

Though I am not a master tile-maker like many of this forum, I know there are many people that do not have the equipment required to produce their own tiles; I hope that my sharing the facilities I do have, I will bring some happiness to our Carcassonne Community.

Kettlefish, if it is not too much trouble, please extend my offer to those at CarcF also; I would hate to unleash my German on them in fear of saying something unintended!  :-[ :-[ :-[

Once again: Thank You!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:24:20 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Formatting »

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2015, 02:57:21 AM »
I received the token sent by Dan along with several other things, many thanks.
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2015, 03:04:15 AM »
I received the token sent by Dan along with several other things, many thanks.

Glad you got it OK! Sorry it seemed to take a while longer than the others...

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2015, 10:18:30 AM »
Today - I received my package from danisthirty - "Cult, Siege & Creativity".
Thank you Dan.

Yesterday - Decar got his "Wind Roses" and some small other things (autograph card, a river landscape tile and stickers - signed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede.

Unbelievable!

I received a very neat package from kettlefish yesterday afternoon.  I carefully opened it up and saw the Windrose facing me, in a vacuum packed bag with a cardboard backing on it.  It being so delicately packed, I was not in a rush to open it and I didn't realize there were some hidden extras attached!

My goodness - I cannot express my heartfelt thanks enough kettlefish. Prior to opening your gift, I did not possess anything signed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede.  These things will certainly hold a special place in my collection; you are very generous.

I have been thinking hard about what I could do in return for the community here; and I do not think I have much that could equal what I received today.

I do have a number of printed Russian Tiles I was intending to share with people at the UK Championships this May:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1684.msg22105#msg22105

Instead I will happily share what I have with anyone who would like them.

Though I am not a master tile-maker like many of this forum, I know there are many people that do not have the equipment required to produce their own tiles; I hope that my sharing the facilities I do have, I will bring some happiness to our Carcassonne Community.

Kettlefish, if it is not too much trouble, please extend my offer to those at CarcF also; I would hate to unleash my German on them in fear of saying something unintended!  :-[ :-[ :-[

Once again: Thank You!

Wow. Nice haul, Decar, and nicely done Kettlefish!

I'd love a pair of those fancy Russian tiles, Decar. In addition to the assorted pieces I've already listed, I now have all twelve count tiles to give away; unboxed but never used.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
I want the Russian tiles too... but I've got nothing to trade. Most of my game collection is trapped in storage in Arizona—everything I have with me is essential goods (i.e., no spare parts). I think the only random bits I have around my house are a few 7 Wonders promo cards that snuck along in a box accidentally, and maybe a few promos from a Spielbox magazine I bought here.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 02:32:22 AM »
I want the Russian tiles too... but I've got nothing to trade. Most of my game collection is trapped in storage in Arizona—everything I have with me is essential goods (i.e., no spare parts). I think the only random bits I have around my house are a few 7 Wonders promo cards that snuck along in a box accidentally, and maybe a few promos from a Spielbox magazine I bought here.

You're welcome to a pair whaleyland - am I right i saying you're State-side?

Rather than donate perhaps you would consider this - I'm thinking out loud here:
Currently, I'm sending to one other person in the USA, but I wondered if I get more requests, perhaps you would be willing to proxy their tiles on. 
I'm guessing one packet containing 6 tiles to the USA costs less than 3 packets with 2 tiles each etc.  Obviously, you would incur some cost, but I don't know how much internal postage would be.

I should have final tiles done this weekend ready for a trip to the Post Office; so let me know!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:02:13 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Formatting »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 02:39:32 AM »
Decar,
Whaleyland comes from the USA, but he lives in NewZealand for the next few years.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 02:42:07 AM »
Thanks Kettlefish,

Well there goes that plan - unless people want to wait a long time  :(

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2015, 03:23:51 AM »
You could send 2 sets to Whaleyland and he could send a set on to me since we both are in New Zealand. 8-)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2015, 04:46:21 AM »
You could send 2 sets to Whaleyland and he could send a set on to me since we both are in New Zealand. 8-)
Works for me! As long as the tiles don't cost too much in total. I've paid a lot for tiles over the years, but the $30+ for the Darmstadt expansion almost broke the bank. Those cost more than my Cathars tiles or Corn Circles I (which, to be fair, I found for pretty cheap on the German eBay when they first came out).

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2015, 04:57:04 AM »
I've paid a lot for tiles over the years, but the $30+ for the Darmstadt expansion almost broke the bank.
Hi whaleyland,
Why did you pay so much money for the Darmstadt tiles?

Here is the link to "Darmstadt spielt"
http://www.darmstadt-spielt.de/international-order-page/

International shipping incl. shipping costs € 12,00

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2015, 06:17:23 AM »
Works for me! As long as the tiles don't cost too much in total. I've paid a lot for tiles over the years, but the $30+ for the Darmstadt expansion almost broke the bank. Those cost more than my Cathars tiles or Corn Circles I (which, to be fair, I found for pretty cheap on the German eBay when they first came out).

Sounds like a plan! Just to be clear - these are home-made not official tiles (as they are currently not in public-production) and I'm not asking anything for them.

Whaleyland/Andrew PM me where you would like them sent :)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »
Many thanks to Paul who has been extremely generous!!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »
I found something else to give away: 

2 sets of Dominion promo cards: Carcassonne!

From Spiel 2011 in Essen, sealed in plastic and illustrated by Doris Matthäus. (in German).

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2015, 01:31:08 PM »
I've paid a lot for tiles over the years, but the $30+ for the Darmstadt expansion almost broke the bank.
Hi whaleyland,
Why did you pay so much money for the Darmstadt tiles?

Here is the link to "Darmstadt spielt"
http://www.darmstadt-spielt.de/international-order-page/

International shipping incl. shipping costs € 12,00
Things were not so cheap when the expansion first released. It wasn't clear originally if the expansion would receive a public release so we got a user here to buy and ship copies to New Zealand last year. Had we known it would have been cheaper later, I probably wouldn't have done that. Fortunately, I also own Zooloretto and Catan, so other expansions were useful too.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2016

Started by danisthirty

100 Replies
Last post January 24, 2017, 03:09:21 PM
by danisthirty
thumbup
Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2017

Started by danisthirty

87 Replies
Last post December 13, 2017, 03:14:21 PM