Author Topic: Collaborative Carcassonne  (Read 14942 times)

Offline Hproctor1478

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative Carcassonne
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »
I agree that my 1st thought was place it on greens road and take the cloister.  I think that is our best option, to score the most points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2018, 11:35:39 PM »
Taking the cloister to the east of the start tile is a no brainer for me. 

Blue +5, Green +1, Red and yellow +0
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »
Thought to use it to prevent yellow from nabbing the road. However the RRRR tile is out, so I think we'd be waiting for the necessary XRRR tile to come out.

Score the 5pts with the cloister, there's a good chance it'll be finished, though disappointing no one will help you on future turns.

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »
I would have chosen the option next to the right side of greens road to :)

Best point / busy place at the board with most points to instant grab. Hopefully you can start a road on the right side of it then and by that completing the cloister over the game. Also a lot of options to place stuff to your cloister are still there.
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2018, 12:19:12 AM »
Another option is to be mad at yellow for this vicious attempt to steal the road... and rage quit by flipping the table...

But for now we could just place and claim the monastery in that sweet spot and make green happy too.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2018, 12:23:38 AM »
Another option is to be mad at yellow for this vicious attempt to steal the road... and rage quit by flipping the table...

Don't give Dan too many ideas!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2018, 02:38:23 AM »

That's a great suggestion, and I'm somewhat annoyed I didn't think of it myself. Especially since it's a favourite tactic of mine.

With any luck Green will extend his city eastwards and point a road south into the gap in the process making it impossible for Yellow to get his second meeple on. This said, it's often useful to help one opponent to steal points from another if a feature is otherwise shared. Who wants :yellow-meeple: and :blue-meeple: to get 6 points each when you can stuff :blue-meeple: over and give all the points to :yellow-meeple:? (who apart from :blue-meeple: anyway)

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2018, 04:48:08 AM »

That's a great suggestion, ...

A great suggestion indeed. Especially as there doesn't seem to be a drink on the table this time that could be the victim of the tableflip!  8)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2018, 03:52:18 PM »
I know I said there were no right and wrong answers when I started this thread, but in this situation with Yellow being greedy and trying to keep his road for himself there really was only one thing to do. Anything else would have been wrong.

Thanks for your suggestion Jéré; here is the situation immediately after our turn:

The way I look at it we have three options:

1) Remain seated and try to look calm while the other players pick up all the tiles and meeples and quietly pack the game away. When we're on speaking terms with everyone else again we can point out that Carcassonne is a stupid game anyway, and isn't fun with more than two players.

2) We could do the opposite to 1 and go on a violent rampage, perhaps even setting fire to the table, tiles and meeples. Personally I'm not really built for violence, and there's a risk we may have to interrupt the flow of violence to borrow a lighter from someone if we go ahead with burning the table, so this isn't a favoured option for me.

3) Stand up so aggressively that our chair falls over and then storm out, never to play Carcassonne again. This works for me, although it could be embarrassing if we later remember that we were playing at home with the wife and kids and will have to return at some point.

Any other suggestions?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2018, 12:56:05 AM »
Alright. Fine. Here's what really happened, you nutters:

:P

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2018, 12:59:25 AM »
I know I said there were no right and wrong answers when I started this thread, but in this situation with Yellow being greedy and trying to keep his road for himself there really was only one thing to do. Anything else would have been wrong.

Thanks for your suggestion Jéré; here is the situation immediately after our turn:

The way I look at it we have three options:

1) Remain seated and try to look calm while the other players pick up all the tiles and meeples and quietly pack the game away. When we're on speaking terms with everyone else again we can point out that Carcassonne is a stupid game anyway, and isn't fun with more than two players.

2) We could do the opposite to 1 and go on a violent rampage, perhaps even setting fire to the table, tiles and meeples. Personally I'm not really built for violence, and there's a risk we may have to interrupt the flow of violence to borrow a lighter from someone if we go ahead with burning the table, so this isn't a favoured option for me.

3) Stand up so aggressively that our chair falls over and then storm out, never to play Carcassonne again. This works for me, although it could be embarrassing if we later remember that we were playing at home with the wife and kids and will have to return at some point.

Any other suggestions?

4) Press UNDO!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2018, 01:03:09 AM »
Alright. Fine. Here's what really happened, you nutters:

:P

I would definitely claim the field with that one, below the monastery.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2018, 01:52:59 AM »
Sorry to be boring this time around. I will have to put my 'maverick' status on ice this time. I agree with Jéré, as that farm is getting too large to miss out on.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2018, 02:12:48 AM »
A farmer of all things?! Whatever next!

I would probably have placed this below the cloister and claimed the city segment on the east side as it's more likely to complete than the city on the west side. The risk with this is that someone expands my new city northwards leaving a rxcf gap immediately to the east of our cloister. If someone else then points a city or a field into the open side of that gap we'd lose two meeples (one in the city and one in the cloister) which would be a bit disappointing, so the farm idea is perhaps better.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2018, 02:16:39 AM »
I'm just waiting for green to put a corner road tile above that red meeple on the road, to tie up all those meeples for the rest of the game
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne & Co. Newsletter - announcing a new "Spiel '14" Carcassonne tile

Started by wamboyil

60 Replies
Last post January 20, 2015, 04:39:08 PM
by eddebaby
xx
Carcassonne Event in Carcassonne 10-11 September 2022

Started by Willem

3 Replies
Last post August 19, 2022, 02:11:03 AM
by Lobo
xx
CARCASSONNE IN PAIRS (an original idea from carcassonne.cat)

Started by DrMeeple

14 Replies
Last post January 11, 2022, 06:52:18 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
Dutch Championship Carcassonne / Nederlands Kampioenschap Carcassonne

Started by The-Edge

6 Replies
Last post March 17, 2023, 09:25:00 AM
by Willem
clip
Carcassonne in Carcassonne - 09 & 10.09.2023