Author Topic: New Magazine and new tiles?  (Read 61126 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: New Magazine and new tiles?
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2016, 08:18:15 AM »
Thanks Kettlefish!  There's a typo in the second paragraph!  Meepel!

Quick Gtranslate:

Because the maze makes the relationships of streets, pretty straightforward, the onset of Meeple in this variant is regulated differently. If you plant the Laybrinth, you may also be a Meeple use it, if there is already a Meeple on one or more associated roads. If these Meeple belong, it does not matter.

If you plant in the further course of the game one tile to an output of Laybrinths on, on which no Meeple is, you may there use a Meeple, although on the other connected through the labyrinth streets and along the maze itself a Meepel is.

You lay a road to an existing road on which there is already a Meeple, you may, however, (as before) Installation no Meeple. As for the maze and the four outgoing roads exempted.

Examples:

1) You put the labyrinth simultaneously on a road to that you also connect with it. Although already are on this road a Meeple, you must a Meeple to the maze running.

2)Green sets a later street to a vacant Labyrinth output. He also may use a Meeple, although already are Meeple on the maze and the adjacent streets.

3) You put later a road on to a maze output. Since there already are standing a black Meeple, you may not have your Meeple street use.

Scoring:

The labyrinth and the associated roads are counted when all these roads are completed. Do you have the majority of Meeple on the maze and the associated roads, you get as usual for each card 1 point. In addition, you will receive for each Meeple, standing on the maze or on a connected roads, 2 points. If several players have the majority of which everyone gets the full points.

Example: You and Black get 8 points for platelets and 10 points for the 5 Meeple on the tiles. So a total of 18 points
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:46:21 AM by Decar, Reason: improvements »

Offline Guy

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
Thanks for the translation Google (and Decar I guess...  :P). I like the advanced rules, I can imagine calculating the scoring with attached German cathedrals would be fun!
I play orange

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2016, 12:39:28 PM »
So if I'm reading this correctly:

Placing
  • You can place the labyrinth in any location that a RRRR would usually fit.
  • When you place the tile, you may add a meeple to it regardless of any meeples currently occupying any connected roads.
  • If you place a tile extending one of the four roads leading out of the maze, you may add a meeple to it, providing that there are none already on that particular road; it does not matter whether any of the other three roads have meeples on them.

Scoring
  • When scoring, the labyrinth connects all four outgoing roads into one, and that large connected road is scored as usual.
  • The player who receives the points also receives 2 further points per meeple (regardless of colour) standing on the large connected road.
  • In the case of a tie, each player receives the full amount of points.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:31:22 PM by Decar »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »
Yes, it's basically scored as one big road, but with funky gloming rules. Also the Labyrinth tile is worth 2pts not 1 as a road.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:32:07 PM by Decar »

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
Cool. I'll edit the post to include that for anyone who's skimming through looking for the alt rules.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »
Great stuff. Better than the Germenglish rues I shoved through google!  Im guessing Guy is working on a beautiful version for us :)  fingers-crossed

Offline Curt194

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2016, 01:15:01 PM »
This is quite a nice rule variant actually. I like that it is different from the four way road in the catapult and adds a bit of a focus on the tiles :)

I'm happy there have been a couple of expansions that have had a focus on roads, I often feel they can get a bit neglected!

Thank you for the translations!

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »
Also the Labyrinth tile is worth 2pts not 1 as a road.

I don't think that this is correct. If you look at the scoring example in the PDF that kettlefish added, there are 8 tiles in the road including the Labyrinth tile and it is just worth 8 points for the tiles (plus an additional 10 points for the meeples).

So the Labyrinth must just be worth 1 point, the same as normal road tiles.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:30:41 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Link fixed »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2016, 11:33:33 PM »
Yes thanks JT, I've tidied up the posts so not to confuse anyone!

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2016, 12:11:01 AM »
I tried to use a more standard english:

Because the maze makes the connections of streets intricate, the rules for placing of Meeple in this variant are different.
If you place the Laybrinth tile, you may place a Meeple on it even though there are already Meeple on one or more associated roads. It doesn't matter to which player those Meeple belong.

If in the further course of the game you place one tile with a road to an exit of the Laybrinths tile on which no Meeple is, you may place a Meeple on it, although there are Meeple on other roads connected by the labyrinth and on the labyrinth itself.

If you place a tile with a road connecting to a an existing road on which there is already a Meeple you may not place a Meeple on it (as in the regular rule). The excaption is only for the labyrinth and the four branches.

Examples:

1) You place the labyrinth to a road that you also connect with it. Although there is a Meeple already on this road, you may place a Meeple on the labyrinth.

2) Later Green places a street connecting to a vacant Labyrinth branch. He also may use a Meeple, although already there are Meeple on the Labyrinth and the adjacent streets.

3) Later you place a road connecting to a maze branch. Since there already is a black Meeple on that branch, you may not place one of your Meeple on the road.

Scoring:

The Labyrinth and the associated roads are scored when all these roads are completed. If you have the majority of Meeple on the Labyrinth and the associated roads, you get as usual 1 point for every tile. In addition you receive 2 points for each Meeple standing on the Labyrinth or on the connected roads. If several players have the majority all these players get the full points.

Example:
All roads are completed, you and Black both have the majority.
You and Black get 8 points for the numbner of tiles and 10 points for the 5 Meeple on the tiles. Altogether that's 18 points.

Offline Guy

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2016, 04:23:40 AM »

If in the further course of the game you place one tile with a road to an exit of the Labyrinths tile on which no Meeple is, you may place a Meeple on it, although there are Meeple on other roads connected by the labyrinth and on the labyrinth itself.

I am guessing that as the road is technically incomplete a wagon could move onto an unoccupied but connected part of the labyrinth if we're playing by the advanced rules...?  see example below:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2016, 04:29:21 AM »
Are more specifically. If you place a Labyrinth tile and its partially completes a road with a wagon on it, can the wagon move into the centre of the labyrinth?

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2016, 05:16:31 AM »

If in the further course of the game you place one tile with a road to an exit of the Labyrinths tile on which no Meeple is, you may place a Meeple on it, although there are Meeple on other roads connected by the labyrinth and on the labyrinth itself.

I am guessing that as the road is technically incomplete a wagon could move onto an unoccupied but connected part of the labyrinth if we're playing by the advanced rules...?  see example below:

I think YES. The wagon movement is like placing a meeple on a tile which was placed before.

I think you never can move a wagon on the labyrinth because the labyrinth is a feature aside the roads leading to it. So you need to complete the road leading to the labyrinth to move the wagon on the labyrinth but this road and the labyrinth are completed at the same time.

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2016, 09:02:04 AM »
Finally advanced rules :black1-meeple: :(y) :gray-meeple: :orange-meeple:

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2016, 11:37:22 AM »
So I finally have my issue of Spiel Doch and the Carcassonne article inside looks interesting.  I can't seem to find a translation online.  Did any of the German speakers here read it?   If so, was there anything interesting or new that we didn't know?  I don't expect a translation, but maybe a highlight or 2 would be appreciated and merited. 

Thanks!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Spiel Doch Magazine 2018/2 : 2 Carcassonne tiles & 2 Safari tiles

Started by aenima

49 Replies
Last post November 16, 2018, 06:02:36 AM
by Geordieracer82
xx
New Carcassonne Magazine with expansions?

Started by robnhill

3 Replies
Last post January 21, 2017, 05:36:45 AM
by stalcupojoy
xx
Would anyone have the English "The Tunnel" rules from the Spielbox magazine?

Started by egamar

4 Replies
Last post February 16, 2016, 01:38:28 PM
by ARabidMeerkat
xx
Carcassonne article in GAMES Magazine (US)

Started by wamboyil

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2014, 11:00:36 AM
by Carcking
xx
Spielbox Magazine List

Started by asp204

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2023, 08:01:22 AM
by Bumsakalaka