Author Topic: 2017 World Cup - Group A  (Read 18208 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 World Cup - Group A
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 08:54:56 AM »
Bump!

Anything happening here?

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 12:07:21 PM »
Yep. BabyGamer and Adrornalin played their game. The result was 140 to 221.

I made a really mean move with the rrrr festival tile, I have to admit ;) Trapping three of her meeples at once plus rescueing my own meeple. With the last tiles I completed the cathedral city and took the lead on one of the farms, that's why the point difference raised in the end.

Good luck in coming games, BabyGamer. You'll win your next game, promise? :)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »
Alohaa! :)

Is it here that I'm supposed to post the screeny of the game?

Tum di dum... Is it attached now? :) I did press the img button and then the attachment button..

Was an intense game. :) At one point I was leading!!!! But then... My stategy went poop when I never got the right straight path piece.. damn. :)

But good game. Congrats to Chooselife. :)

P.S. Also, I just noticed that u get 6 points for a farm with belagerer on... DAAAAMN i need to start to read the ruleeez... :D I thought they were bad... like, get 1 point for city.. But they seem to be good for farm ppl... damn.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:09:19 AM by BabyGamer »

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2018, 01:46:18 PM »
TheSteveAllen 176 - 191 Adrornalin

That was really a strange game. We thought the tile distributor made fun of us and gave us both a lot of stupid tiles. As half of the game was played, we nearly settled up nothing with this weird combination of unuseful tiles. Anyway, Steve managed to score better than me and was always in front. Then I was lucky to close the cathedral city because he removed a meeple, thinking chances are low to close the city. The farms were not developing either, so we continued strolling around with our meeples waiting for something important to happen. 5 out of 6 besieger tiles appeared within the last 20 tiles, so the farming action finally started, but we ended quite even in farming points. Close game in the end. Cathedral city with 42pts was the game changer.

Thanks for playing Steve  8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:47:55 PM by Adrornalin »

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »
Congrats, Adrornalin. That result means that I need a win over MrNumbers to reach the quarter finals. Not an easy task...

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2018, 02:30:53 PM »
Congrats, Adrornalin. That result means that I need a win over MrNumbers to reach the quarter finals. Not an easy task...

Sorry Leven, but even your 'bribe' of the extra bastion tiles was not enough for me to beat Adror against the strange tile distribution that we had in our game tonight. I have never known a game before that started with 20 tiles to go.

If any of you guys would like a practice match before the quarter finals against someone who always 'just loses by a few points', let me know.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2018, 11:57:59 PM »
OOooooH!

HERE it is. :)

I was wondering where our groop info thingy was.

Someone put my message here, good, since I was like, "Oh Noes, it's not in the main thread anymore!!  :o "

Okipoki, sorry. :) Didn't find this thread until now.  :pink-meeple:

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 12:14:39 AM »
Wow. That's quite a PD!
I was highly benefited by the fact that BabyGamer didn't really know some of these expansions. But now that she has some experience in them she will have better chances in her remaining games. At least I hope so. :)

Playing against you is a learning experience for most people! And you're right, it has been a while since she last took part in one of our tournaments...

Well.. Pfff.... The Nintendo Switch is out!!!  ;D And before that the Wii U has kept me busy..  ^-^ and work... and study...  and, and... excuses. :P

;)

So many expansions... Got most of ´em, but haven't bothered to read the rulez that much.. hehe... Hey, I just enjoy the game!  ^-^

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »
Heya! :)

I'm going away tomorrow, to Kemiö, for a 3 day study course, and will be back Sunday evening... Next time I can play is Monday, after work, around 20-21 Finnish time. :)

Around same time for the rest of the week evenings, will also be fine for me. :)

Next weekend I should be home.

Cheers!  :pink-meeple:

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2018, 07:08:47 AM »
Heya! :)

I'm going away tomorrow, to Kemiö, for a 3 day study course, and will be back Sunday evening... Next time I can play is Monday, after work, around 20-21 Finnish time. :)

Around same time for the rest of the week evenings, will also be fine for me. :)

Next weekend I should be home.

Cheers!  :pink-meeple:

I will be available to play our match any evening next week. Send me a PM to arrange when you are free.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2018, 09:06:31 AM »

:(y) O0
An interesting game awaits us. Do you have scheduled it yet?

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »

:(y) O0
An interesting game awaits us. Do you have scheduled it yet?

Yes, and we've already finished it. You will not like the result:

:violet-meeple: Leven vs :red-meeple: MrNumbers 159:146

This result means that I and MrNumbers finish the group on 1st and 2nd place.
Commiserations to Adrornalin who finds himself on the unfortunate 3rd place with equal points (having only one defeat).

The game started quite unusual (at least for us), we both deployed lots of followers (mostly to cloisters) until we were almost out of them. We began a battle for a city which soon included a cathedral, as well. MrNumbers took majority in the city which soon got dangerously close to get completed. So I tried to join another knight there but had to hope that MrNumbers wouldn't get a splitter tile (either a CCCC or a CCCF). I decided to create a CCCF hole to reduce his options. I survived this threat, later I drew the CCCF splitter but at that moment the city was already incompletable because it needed a CCRR tile, too, and those were already all out. In the meantime, MrNumbers started farming, and he deployed (quite early) 3(!) normal followers to a promising farm which could normally be considered as a risky strategy but only if one's goal is to win the game. But this time it was a good way to exclude the opportunity of a big defeat (MrNumbers had to avoid a loss with more than 95 point to reach the quarter finals) as we've seen before that with these expansions the ownership of the most valuable farm(s) is the key to victory most of the time. But I still had a lot of tiles to build another good farm (I also had some luck with besieged cities which made my farm even more valuable), in the end it was even worth more than the farm of MrNumbers, and that (plus some other farms) helped me to reach a narrow win in the end.

Thanks for this exciting game, MrNumbers, and good luck in the quarter finals.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:14:42 PM by Leven »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2018, 11:30:50 PM »
With last game to be played we have following situation in the group.
It's quite unusual then with only one loss player still didn't get to the QF. Commiserations, Adrornalin!

Thanks for the good write up, Leven. One thing I didn't understand: what is the CCCF splitter tile are you talking about? Both such tiles went away early in the game.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 12:04:01 AM »
Thanks for the good write up, Leven. One thing I didn't understand: what is the CCCF splitter tile are you talking about? Both such tiles went away early in the game.
Wow, you're right, I wasn't aware of that. So actually there was no threat at all after I had created that CCCF hole. Well, at least it made the game even more thrilling for me. ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:29:56 PM by Leven »

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 01:28:32 PM »
Ouhh bad news for me! No lucky losers round? ;) Congrats for reaching the QF and good luck for your way to the final  ^-^

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2017 World Cup - Group C

Started by MrNumbers

84 Replies
Last post February 10, 2018, 04:50:55 AM
by TheSteveAllen
xx
2017 World Cup - Group D

Started by MrNumbers

68 Replies
Last post February 10, 2018, 04:51:44 AM