Author Topic: Carcassonne Maps  (Read 31519 times)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Maps
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 02:32:55 PM »
It's a kind of paper with a thin layer of rough plastic that gives it resistance, really. But in any case I wouldn't double it because it would be damaged. In the same tube they send you up to 5 ... I already said that I offer myself without problem (it would be from Spain).
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2019, 01:01:49 AM »
They released the new rules for the map includiung Germany with the new Chips expansion

https://cundco.de/media/pdf/47/9e/b0/CarcMapsRegeln_DE_10_19b.pdf

Pretty excited :)
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2019, 01:29:23 AM »
Wow! This is great news! Thanks for the heads-up  ;D

Let's see when the rules for the Tollkeepers are available too, and all the rules area also available in English.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:33:03 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2019, 02:42:14 AM »
Five maps! I knew there were three plus the Germany map from last year, but I feel like a fifth one snuck in. Iberia? Great Britain? Either way, five maps sounds great since that's how many Cundco will ship in a tube. Also, with new chips for the maps, I wonder if they've decided to repackage the maps in a folded format. It would certainly save on shipping and allow people to order them with other items. I hope to get all five plus the Tollkeepers. They look fun. I just hope that they toss in a free Spiel 19 tile with the bunch or I'm going to be a bit ticked off. I also need to buy the new Ringmasters. Gotta maintain my complete set of meeples (except the base game Abbots – still not buying a third base set, sorry).

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2019, 03:57:14 AM »
I would prepare yourself to be ticked off in that case. I would be very surprised if they drop any Spiel 19 tiles in with their orders just for the sake of it. In previous years, as you know, tiles left over from Essen have been kept back for some special offer that usually starts in early December. Perhaps you could wait for the maps until then?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2019, 04:19:00 AM »
I would prepare yourself to be ticked off in that case. I would be very surprised if they drop any Spiel 19 tiles in with their orders just for the sake of it. In previous years, as you know, tiles left over from Essen have been kept back for some special offer that usually starts in early December. Perhaps you could wait for the maps until then?
No worries there. I mean to wait until December to order, but I will test out to see how much shipping will cost before then. If they do fold the maps, shipping shouldn't be awful. If they don't, then who knows. I seem to remember it being a small fortune just to order the German map last year, prompting me to decide against it.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2019, 04:31:02 AM »
Cool cool. If it works out any cheaper for you I'm happy for you to send them in a roll to me in the UK, then I can fold and forward on. Guess we'll have to see how it works out.

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2019, 01:34:30 PM »
Are these maps worth it?  Wish there was a shop in the USA that sold Carcassonne paraphernalia still  ;)
PM me for for a list of remaining items from the Carcassonne Shoppe.

Offline Piasekstc

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • To get them all and play them all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2019, 04:26:10 AM »
No worries there. I mean to wait until December to order, but I will test out to see how much shipping will cost before then. If they do fold the maps, shipping shouldn't be awful. If they don't, then who knows. I seem to remember it being a small fortune just to order the German map last year, prompting me to decide against it.

I have Germany and hmm.. The material from which it is made is some "plastic paper". Not very thick and quite strong but still I don't know how you can fold it without making irreversible bends or maybe even cracks or cuts. I mean, it's possible but it's risky.

Are these maps worth it?  Wish there was a shop in the USA that sold Carcassonne paraphernalia still  ;)

I think they are. I mean, I'm not sure if you should suddenly buy all the maps but since we got "Germany", we only play on it. It changes your approach to the way you play. As for me there are two reasons related to space and freedom of laying tiles:
1. Reaching: You can start in one of three different places and you can play as you always do but because of those big cities with bonuses that are already placed/printed on the map, besides (or sometimes instead) of laying tiles freely, you try to figure out how to connect to these cities to make theme your own.
2. Borders: You can't feel it when you start but as the game progresses you can see that there is not enough space to expand your cities or roads in this or that direction because of the borders. Limited space forces you to think more strategically than in normal Carcassonne. Sometimes you have a really hard time to make/get a good points from last few tiles or even to place them at all.

Size of "Germany" (like Spain, France and Luxembourg) requires 110-120 tiles so gives you a chance to add to the base game at least two random expansions so you don't lose the pleasure of playing with additional rules. Now there are "Chips" so it should be even more entertaining.

For us, 114 tiles wasn't enough (there was to much spaces/slots left) so we added German Castles which makes 126, and makes you think twice harder as these are double tiles.             
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:26:21 PM by Piasekstc »

Offline cidervampire

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2019, 10:31:29 AM »
Are there rules for combining multiple maps?

Offline totor66

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »
No it was not sold this way.

Guess it would involve a heavy set of house rules to make it work + A LOT of expansions to fill the gaps

Don't know if I would recommend it

Offline totor66

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2019, 03:12:58 AM »
And by the way, english rules are now available, so are order. -> Wrong sorry, just in german map as before

For people living in Germany like me, it costs the same in shipment to order all new maps as it was costing to order just 1. I believe it's the same for everybody
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:16:27 AM by totor66 »

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2019, 01:59:22 PM »
Just checked cundco.de. Shipping 4 maps to the US is €30, but adding the fifth one takes shipping to €42. I could then add several other items (like tollkeepers, map chips, etc) which did not change the shipping price above €42.

So it seems to me the shipping rate for the maps is based on the order € size. Five maps rolled in one tube may cost a bit more but shouldn’t cost €12 more to ship than 4 maps.

Am I missing something here?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2019, 11:51:33 PM »
I didn't realise these are available to purchase now. Just loaded up my cart to get the price estimate (I won't buy until December, when the free Spiel 19 tile is thrown in). Total price for the five maps, map chips, Tollkeepers, and 6 ringmasters is €44.14. Shipping: €45.95!!! God I hate German shipping prices. At least this time around, I am getting a lot of content. Last year, the price just wasn't worth it for one bloody map. Price doesn't change if I remove a map, either, so that option's gone. Looks like this December will be an expensive one. Better save up!

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2019, 12:31:45 AM »
I didn't realise these are available to purchase now. Just loaded up my cart to get the price estimate (I won't buy until December, when the free Spiel 19 tile is thrown in). Total price for the five maps, map chips, Tollkeepers, and 6 ringmasters is €44.14. Shipping: €45.95!!! God I hate German shipping prices. At least this time around, I am getting a lot of content. Last year, the price just wasn't worth it for one bloody map. Price doesn't change if I remove a map, either, so that option's gone. Looks like this December will be an expensive one. Better save up!
Probably you would wait till mid november...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Maps (Germany) + the river?

Started by Megg82

2 Replies
Last post November 21, 2019, 03:01:10 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
Carcassonne USA Maps and Chits available in BGG store

Started by Decar

9 Replies
Last post December 05, 2021, 11:05:23 AM