Author Topic: CAR 7.5 Prep Discussion: Wheel of Fortune Version Comparison  (Read 19958 times)

Offline Push

• Freeman
  • Merit: 9
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: CAR 7.5 Prep Discussion: Wheel of Fortune Version Comparison
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 11:19:54 PM »
I guess you could say the "blessing and the curse" of my involvement is that I'm pretty thorough, but also quite slow.
My question was not relevant to the need to speed up writing a new version of the rules. It's not easy to make them up.
 It just might have affected my plans if version 7.5 were ready (for example) this year.

Offline Rhoobarb2005

• Labourer
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 07:52:56 AM »
Will the CAR update include the rules for 2.0? ie. any expansion rule amendments, UtBT, Watchtowers, Markets of Leipzig, Das Fest, etc?

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »
Will the CAR update include the rules for 2.0? ie. any expansion rule amendments, UtBT, Watchtowers, Markets of Leipzig, Das Fest, etc?

No, at least not initially. My position is that there should be separate CARs for classic and revised Carcassonne. There are so many differences between tiles, tilesets, rules, and terminology that putting it all into a single document would be a mess. It also wouldn't serve newer players very well, who only have 2.0 stuff and don't care a thing about the classic game. This will of course be the ever-increasing portion of the player base. (And, to be realistic, there would also be plenty of 1.0 players who simply do not want to see all the new-art stuff clogging their CAR.)

Furthermore, I don't have the resources to make images and verify details on 2.0. I don't own anything 2.0 that already had a 1.0 version, except the Labyrinth tile (for obvious reasons).

And finally, I have no intention of bringing detrimental changes to things like wagon movement and meeple terminology into the 1.0 CAR. Version 2.0 is free to be whatever it wants to be, but I'm not going to be part of corrupting the little elegances of 1.0. Perhaps there will be some little footnotes here and there saying "This was changed in Carcassonne 2.0; see the CAR version xyz for details."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:23:01 AM by Just a Bill »
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »
I got a notification today that kettlefish had stickied this topic, which made me realize that all of the images were hidden thanks to postimg.org losing control of that domain. So I just updated all the links to point to postimg.cc, which fixed that. My apologies for the inconvenience.
I write with the tablet keyboard today (not a real one) and perhaps my fingers landet onto the wrong space.
But I am happy to see all the images now.

The reason why HiG uses in the BigBox such chaotic Wheel tils is the space in the box. They decided to put the watermark only onto the tiles which are not in the base game.

For the CAR is the original Wheel important. And some information about the BigBox difference.   

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »
Oh kettlefish, you did not do anything wrong. The image problem was the fault of the hosting provider, postimg.org. Your update today was helpful, because it made me realize that all my images were missing (they had already been missing even before you came here today).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CAR 7.5 Prep Discussion: The Junction Problem

Started by Just a Bill

26 Replies
Last post March 26, 2021, 10:38:11 PM
by corinthiens13
xx
WTS English Writings Wheel of Fortune board + 19 fortune tiles expansion

Started by DavidY

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
by asparagus
xx
Doubts about instructions in Het Rad van Fortuin, Wheel of Fortune dutch version

Started by carca82

4 Replies
Last post September 06, 2022, 05:29:31 AM
by carca82
xx
Extensive comparison of WOF tiles in the BB5, standalone WOF and the base game

Started by DavidY

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 09:31:57 AM
by Frommarn91
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem