Author Topic: WTB Wheel of Fortune  (Read 10014 times)

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
WTB Wheel of Fortune
« on: August 06, 2016, 11:13:24 PM »
Hi all,

I'm nearing the end of my completion - apart from a few elusive items I can just about live without, like The Cathars, I am just after Wheel of Fortune!

So, I'm looking out for a sealed version, preferably located in Europe/UK (to avoid the rather large shipping charges from North Amerca - I'm UK-based).

Plan B is to perhaps buy a Big Box however that means I would have to make room for that beast, plus I would have to sell duplicate expansions!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2863.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:30:19 AM by toastytoast »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 11:35:45 PM »
In English?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 01:00:31 AM »
Get BB5 from Germany. It wont be around much longer and you get the River variant with vinyards.  All the tiles and the scoretrack can fit inside a tilebag from cundco. So you can ditch the box if you dont have space.  Or you can take the insert out and keep all your games in there!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 01:59:39 AM »
Get BB5 from Germany. It wont be around much longer and you get the River variant with vinyards.  All the tiles and the scoretrack can fit inside a tilebag from cundco. So you can ditch the box if you dont have space.  Or you can take the insert out and keep all your games in there!
One should add that the version of the Wheel in BB5 is language-independent so the German version will only be an issue in regards to understanding what the symbols mean – but that's what the CAR is for!

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »
In English?

Doesn't have to be, however I'd probably have to draw the line at the Russian version as the rounded edges to the tiles would proably set off some petty OCD as they would clash with my original tiles!

This is true - those BB5s will be gone soon! Ideally I'd have a nice, neat WoF box, so I could fit a Broken Token insert in it (just got one for my base game and it's rather good!) and stick those tiles plus a few promos in..... however I guess when it comes do to the £30-44 of the BB5 with WoF or the silly prices for WoF on it's own, BB5 looks like a better prospect. Ditching the box and sticking the contents in a bag is definitely an option!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »
BB5 also has the extra base game tiles for WoF which are nice to have if you ever need a 6 player but not too many expansions set.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 01:54:51 AM »
In English?

Doesn't have to be, however I'd probably have to draw the line at the Russian version as the rounded edges to the tiles would proably set off some petty OCD as they would clash with my original tiles!

Nevermind, not so long ago I had seen an English copy for a normal price in a webshop. Wanted to send you the link but it is now gone.  :(

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 09:04:59 AM »
Nevermind, not so long ago I had seen an English copy for a normal price in a webshop. Wanted to send you the link but it is now gone.  :(

Ah never mind - I appreciate the thought anyway!

If you see ...... The Catapult......(ugh!) around too, let me know - I (unfortunately) need that too for my collection is missing that expansion  :))

Offline Erreth

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 09:32:11 AM »
I had mine posted on BGG for $60.00 but it is located in the US.  It is sealed.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »
In English?

Don't forget that Russian version also has "K" instead of "C" on the tiles back.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
Ah, thought I was onto a winner there - ordered an English copy of WoF from a Danish store (around £26) though it turns out they are now out of stock!

I've come to the conclusion to hold off from the Big Box 5 version until I completely run out of options because I want to be able to stick another Broken Token organiser in a base game-sized box plus I don't have a lot of spare time selling of duplicate expansions.

Obviously with that in mind, the task has become quite hard!  :))

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 03:59:46 PM »
After perusing marktplaats.nl, I managed to nab a new and sealed Dutch WoF in the end!

It was very tempting to get the Big Box, but it was only the language-free WoF starter tile + River II swaying me! I will  try to gain a replacement International piece, however the worst case is that I create then print out a transparent adhesive sheet with language free iconography on it and overlay it. Failing that, I'll just have to learn some Dutch  ;D

So hopefully I'll post in the 'What the Postman brought me' thread in the next week or two with WoF. I ordered another Broken Token insert as well so all my collection, sans unwieldy things like the tile tower, can fit in two reasonable sized boxes!

Offline Karcalijn

• Freeman
  • Merit: 3
  • I call purple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »
After perusing marktplaats.nl, I managed to nab a new and sealed Dutch WoF in the end!

It was very tempting to get the Big Box, but it was only the language-free WoF starter tile + River II swaying me! I will  try to gain a replacement International piece, however the worst case is that I create then print out a transparent adhesive sheet with language free iconography on it and overlay it. Failing that, I'll just have to learn some Dutch  ;D

So hopefully I'll post in the 'What the Postman brought me' thread in the next week or two with WoF. I ordered another Broken Token insert as well so all my collection, sans unwieldy things like the tile tower, can fit in two reasonable sized boxes!
I can help you with the dutch if you are stuck with it ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

This is the game, those are the rules and that is how it should be played!

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 11:30:34 PM »

That's very kind, though unfortunately it seems my 'new' WoF is not so as I appear to be missing 9 watermarked Wheel of Fortune tokens - how annoying :(

I guess that's the chance you take on Marktplaats.nl!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 05:20:29 AM »

That's very kind, though unfortunately it seems my 'new' WoF is not so as I appear to be missing 9 watermarked Wheel of Fortune tokens - how annoying :(

I guess that's the chance you take on Marktplaats.nl!

I think you're talking about the 9 extra tiles that ONLY come with Big Box 5...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS English Writings Wheel of Fortune board + 19 fortune tiles expansion

Started by DavidY

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
by asparagus
xx
WTB - Wheel of Fortune

Started by thehindujesus

4 Replies
Last post January 26, 2015, 05:29:57 AM