Author Topic: WTB Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5  (Read 21813 times)

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »

Why do you need to take the additional 9 tiles?

because is still an expansion... the tiles have the simbol expansion and some of these there aren't in the base game

That's fair enough. So to summarize it for BabyGamer there are three options:

• Buy the complete WoF from RioGrandeGames and get the 19 wheel tiles, pink pig, 4x4 starting tile + 53 "vanilla" expansion tiles with watermark
  • Buy all of the WoF expansion things from BB5: 19 wheel tiles, pink pig, 4x4 starting tile + 9 "vanilla" expansion tiles with watermark
  • Buy only the game mechanics for WoF from BB5: 19 wheel tiles, pink pig and 4x4 starting tile

I think what BabyGamer is first and foremost looking for is alternative 3 as she doesn't seem to be interested in the "vanilla" tiles  :)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 03:24:36 PM »

That's fair enough. So to summarize it for BabyGamer there are three options:

• Buy the complete WoF from RioGrandeGames and get the 19 wheel tiles, pink pig, 4x4 starting tile + 53 "vanilla" expansion tiles with watermark
  • Buy all of the WoF expansion things from BB5: 19 wheel tiles, pink pig, 4x4 starting tile + 9 "vanilla" expansion tiles with watermark
  • Buy only the game mechanics for WoF from BB5: 19 wheel tiles, pink pig and 4x4 starting tile

I think what BabyGamer is first and foremost looking for is alternative 3 as she doesn't seem to be interested in the "vanilla" tiles  :)

Right.... yes.. I see....  ??? I think..?  :o

So just to be clear, the "vanilla" tiles are, the ones I already have from my base game?  ^-^

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:28 PM »
I'd say the definition of "Vanilla Tile" is any tile which depicts, and only depicts, features present in the Base Game. Thus, there are no non-Base Game features (i.e., Magic Portals, Gold Mines, Inns, etc.) on the tiles. There are around 170 total "Vanilla Tiles" available right now from various expansions, including Wheel of Fortune's base game version.

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 06:27:07 AM »

Right.... yes.. I see....  ??? I think..?  :o

So just to be clear, the "vanilla" tiles are, the ones I already have from my base game?  ^-^

As Whaleyland said, vanilla tiles are tiles with the basic structures of grass, road, city and cloister. But they might have other combinations than the ones from the base game. So the 9 WoF vanilla tiles you can get from BB5 might have (but not guaranteed) other combinations of structures on the tiles than in the base game. So I recommend you check that up if you're interested in it.

As for WoF stand-alone game, they switched some of the tiles from the original base game and replaced them with vanilla tiles from Inns & Cathedrals and Traders & Builders. This in order to get a better mix of tiles than in the normal base game. Hope this didn't confuse you further  ??? :)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 06:33:41 AM »
Ok! :)

Now I see things much clearer. Thank you!  ^-^  :(y)

Boy this was confusing..  :o But I think I get the idea now what I want. :) yes, it all sounds good now.  ^-^

Safari have a spare WoF to sell, and made an offer, so yes, I'm gonna buy it if it's still available! :) Safari, check your inbox!  ^-^

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 02:09:06 PM »
Ok! :)

Now I see things much clearer. Thank you!  ^-^  :(y)

Boy this was confusing..  :o But I think I get the idea now what I want. :) yes, it all sounds good now.  ^-^

Safari have a spare WoF to sell, and made an offer, so yes, I'm gonna buy it if it's still available! :) Safari, check your inbox!  ^-^
Hey BabyGamer,

I'm glad, that you are well again! Of course, I didn't sell the WoF in the mean time. I also will send you the document, in order that you can compare the base game, and the two WoF versions tile per tile.

@ kettlefish: Don't worry, I used the small pictures from the complete tile list. Else this would be a document with 200 MB. ;)
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS English Writings Wheel of Fortune board + 19 fortune tiles expansion

Started by DavidY

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
by asparagus
xx
Something big came at May 1st 2023

Started by Bumsakalaka

15 Replies
Last post March 07, 2023, 09:17:01 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Big Box 5 - A New Big Box in the Netherlands

Started by SRBO

153 Replies
Last post September 17, 2017, 10:31:45 PM
by Paul
xx
Big Box 4 (Plus 2012) VS Big Box 5 (Plus 2014) what is the best?

Started by caincarcassonne

11 Replies
Last post April 15, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
by SRBO
xx
Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!

Started by Willem

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2022, 11:49:15 AM
by Meepledrone