Author Topic: WTB Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5  (Read 21813 times)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
WTB Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:22:09 AM »

Aloha! =^_^=

Does anyone have a spare copy of the Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5 that they want to sell? :)

I don't want to buy the WHOLE wheel of fortune game, just the wheel itself and the extra tiles that will come with it.. and the pig that goes on top of the wheel thingy. :)

No super expensive offers, please, and thank you..  :-\ My wallet is small...   ^-^  :-[

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1561.0

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Wheel of Fortune that came with Big Box 5
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »
I dont have a spare,

But you also need the wheel tiles, that are blended in the base version of the game

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 02:48:01 PM »
I dont have a spare,

But you also need the wheel tiles, that are blended in the base version of the game
Yes, SRBO is right. The 12 "new" expansion tiles alone are not sufficient. You need to get at least the base game tiles with numbers on them too.
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline thehindujesus

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:52:05 PM »
I got lucky and happened to check http://hoardobits.com/ when they had one in stock.  I was able to snag the Wheel and 19 numbered wheel tiles.  Relatively cheap, too.  If you keep checking you might get lucky as well.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:51:55 AM »
Wait what!!? :)

12 tiles, 19 tiles? Full base game?

I'm confused here.. :(

Like, I have the normal base game at home. :) The one that came out like, years ago.. So I was just thinking about adding the wheel of fortune thingy to it. :) Like, removing the tiles from the base game that are exactly the same from the wheel of fortune thingy, and add the wheel of fortune thingy.. So whenever I pick up a WoF tile, I would need to move the pig and stuff.. :)

Why do I need the full base game of WoF?  :o Aren't they like.. 72 tiles? Do I need to move the pig for all those tiles?

I thought the WoF expansion was only 19 tiles in all and a piggy? :) :-[  :@

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 06:40:34 AM »
In the original WoF Game are some tiles with combinations of city, road and fields which are not in the base game. And 19 tiles have the numbered wheel on it.
In BigBox5 there is the normal base game and I think nearly all tiles with numbered wheels  are in this base game. But there are 12 tiles extra with the extra combinations, I think nearly all without numbered wheels.
So in the original WoF you have 72 tiles (not including one start tile) including 19 wheel tiles, in BigBox5 you have 72 Tiles base game + 12 tiles WoF-"Expansion", including 19 wheel tiles.

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 07:52:10 PM »
In the original WoF Game are some tiles with combinations of city, road and fields which are not in the base game. And 19 tiles have the numbered wheel on it.
In BigBox5 there is the normal base game and I think nearly all tiles with numbered wheels  are in this base game. But there are 12 tiles extra with the extra combinations, I think nearly all without numbered wheels.
So in the original WoF you have 72 tiles (not including one start tile) including 19 wheel tiles, in BigBox5 you have 72 Tiles base game + 12 tiles WoF-"Expansion", including 19 wheel tiles.
Oh, man! This is such a complicated thing, since all three (base, WoF, BB5-WoF) are different.

stand-alone WoF:
44 tiles from base game
18 tiles from base game with additional WoF number
1 starting tile from base game with BRIGHT back
8 new tiles (that substitute base game tiles)
1 new tile with additional WoF number (that substitutes a base game tile)
= 72 tiles (19 with WoF number)

BB5-WoF:
55 tiles from base game
16 tiles from base game with additional WoF number
1 starting tile from base game with DARK back
1 starting tile from base game with BRIGHT back (the one from the stand-alone WoF)
8 new tiles from stand-alone WoF (with WoF watermark)
1 new tile from stand-alone WoF with additional WoF number (with WoF watermark)
2 tiles from base game with additional WoF number (with WoF watermark)
1 extra starting tile from base game with BRIGHT back (with WoF watermark)
= 85 tiles (19 withWoF number)

Therefore the twelve tiles that are declaired as "WoF expansion" are the 9 new tiles from stand-alone WoF that were not included in the base game + 2 base game tiles with WoF number + 1 extra starting tile with bright back. BUT: They only contain 3 tiles with WoF number on them. The rest of the tiles with WoF number on them is integrated in the BB5 base game.

-----------------------------------

I wanted to add a document that compares all three versions, but the 192 kb restriction is far to low. I really didn't want to split my file into 7 parts, so here is a very bad quality screen shot.

column 1 = base game
column 2 = stand-alone WoF
column 3 = BB5 WoF

white: BB5 base game
red: base game tiles with additional WoF numbers
grey: declared as WoF "expansion"

commentaries in table:
lower row, first page:
starting tile with dark back (not included in stand-alone WoF)

lower row, second page:
start tile with bright back (that substituted starting tile with dark black from base game in stand-alone WoF)

lower row, third page:
NEW EXTRA TILE (not included in base game, not included in stand-alone WoF)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 06:19:05 AM »

Oh, man! This is such a complicated thing, since all three (base, WoF, BB5-WoF) are different.....

ALOHAAA I'm Back in the book of living!!!  ;D

Have had a cold.. sheesh.. over a week in fever!!!  :'( Now I'm still snotty and got a dry cough, but I'm up and running. :)

Wait wait wait..... 3 different versions of the Wheel of Fortune!!?!  :o

Those pictures are indeed small.. :( Is there any way you could send them to me in original size, in e-mail? :) then I could see them better and get a clearer understanding which one I want. :)

My e-mail address is babygamer@gmail dot com :)

So confusing.. :( why not just make 1 WoF!! :(

Which one would you people recommend for me, since I want to add it to my base game with all the expansions, instead of having it as a stand alone game? Recommendations? :)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »
3 different versions of the Wheel of Fortune!!?!  :o
I know only two different versions of the Wheel of Fortune:
Wheel of Fortune as a stand-alone game
and Wheel of Fortune as a part of the BigBox5.

Those pictures are indeed small.. :( Is there any way you could send them to me in original size, in e-mail? :) then I could see them better and get a clearer understanding which one I want. :)
HiG don't like it if we scan the original tiles and give these away or more worst case to upload them  - the copyright...
If you like to "see" the landscape tiles, please look at the rules for example here:
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/fileadmin/data_archive/Regeln/CarcSchickRegelweb.pdf
http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Carcassonne_Big_Box_5.pdf

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 05:01:56 AM »

HiG don't like it if we scan the original tiles and give these away or more worst case to upload them  - the copyright...
If you like to "see" the landscape tiles, please look at the rules for example here:
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/fileadmin/data_archive/Regeln/CarcSchickRegelweb.pdf
http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Carcassonne_Big_Box_5.pdf

Yes!! Thank you! :) Those are exactly the tile images I would like to see. :) I have to take a closer look at those and decide which one I want. Hmm.. What do you recommend as an addition to the base game with all the other expansions? :)

Also, this new Big Box 5 version of the Wheel of Fortune, does it have old graphics or new graphics? :) Will it fit nicely with my old base game set?

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 05:28:58 AM »
Also, this new Big Box 5 version of the Wheel of Fortune, does it have old graphics or new graphics? :) Will it fit nicely with my old base game set?

the WoF that comes from BB5 has the old standard graphics, I have it an fit perfectly with all the normal carcassonne stuff! the only difference is the Wheel starting tiles that has no words but some new images to make it international! personally I like more this BB5 WoF that the original one... but for collection I'd like to have also the other... :)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 07:29:25 AM »
We had this discussion a while ago about the two different Wheel of Fortune options when I was trying to decide. The thread is here.

In the end I bought the German stand-alone Wheel of Fortune and bought the language-independent wheel from the Carcassonne Shoppe, so I'm happy with that.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 07:56:39 AM »
Oh... I see..  :)

So the WoF in the BB5 has the international wheel? So no German gibberish on it?   ^-^

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 07:57:34 AM »
So the WoF in the BB5 has the international wheel? So no German gibberish on it?   ^-^

Yes :)

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
Ok! :D

But... Wait!!! :(

Why does the original stand alone WoF have 20 WoF tiles... while this BB5 have only 3?!  :o

What am I missing here..?  :'(

I don't get it..  ???

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS English Writings Wheel of Fortune board + 19 fortune tiles expansion

Started by DavidY

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
by asparagus
xx
Something big came at May 1st 2023

Started by Bumsakalaka

15 Replies
Last post March 07, 2023, 09:17:01 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Big Box 5 - A New Big Box in the Netherlands

Started by SRBO

153 Replies
Last post September 17, 2017, 10:31:45 PM
by Paul
xx
Big Box 4 (Plus 2012) VS Big Box 5 (Plus 2014) what is the best?

Started by caincarcassonne

11 Replies
Last post April 15, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
by SRBO
xx
Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!

Started by Willem

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2022, 11:49:15 AM
by Meepledrone