Author Topic: Carcassonne meets StarWars  (Read 45874 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne meets StarWars
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 05:48:35 AM »
I would think however, that if a Carcassonne fan wants to infest a Star Wars junkie, this game might make a reasonable good birthday or Christmas present.

"Star Wars Carcassonne: the perfect way to infest the Star Wars junkie in your life with your Carcassonne obsession" ;)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 06:40:42 AM »
The good thing: a game of "Star Wars Carcassonne" should be a lot more likely to be played than a game of rethemed "Monopoly" or "Risk", so I actually would hope buyers will get this for this purpose.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 07:42:37 AM »
But look at this from the other side: there are much more Star Wars fans in the world than Carcassonne fans. And almost all of SW fans will definitely buy this Carcassonne edition, and, who knows, maybe they will get interested in the original Carcassonne (don't show them 2.0! :) )...

Brilliant marketing actually! Cudos to HiG for mining the masses. We cannot stop until every. last. person. is a. Carcassonne. Junkie!

The sky is the limit, is it not? - Star Trek, ET, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Lord of the Rings, Planet of the Apes, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, Rocky, Martha Stewart, Justin Bieber ... you name a cult following and you have the next Carcassonne gold mine of marketing! If it generates interest in Carcassonne who's to say it's a bad thing?
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 07:47:41 AM »
Actually "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" could work. With "Princess and Jabberwocky" expansion.  >:D

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 08:14:51 AM »
Actually "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" could work. With "Princess and Jabberwocky" expansion.  >:D

Yet another version I would totally buy. You people need to stop. Does it look like I'm made of money?  :)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »
So many posts in this thread hard time keeping up.  8)

But this is actually an official expansion then? It does feel like a fan made game. I mean Carcassonne and Star Wars from a licencing point of view seems impossible.

But it's ok, nothing beats me being upset LEGO couldn't afford to licence Transformers set. I'm not a KREO fan.

Else, if anything, we've talked about a space themed Carcassonne earlier in another thread and this is not so bad coming close to this idea.

Darth Vader is only natural to be the one on the cover. He was after all the main character, if you think about it.  ;)

:meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
The first time I read about Star wars Carcasonne, I got a very good feeling like when the first time I played original Carcassonne. ;D I imagine that it's some kind of spin'off, and I'm already fantasizing about what the Star wars expensions could look like. I think I'm a big fan of Star wars Carcassonne as I'm for the origional one. So I say yes to both!

Mark my words though, as soon as one of these new members starts a new post talking about how cool it would be if there was some sort of medieval-themed version of Star Wars Carcassonne then I am out of here!  ;)

You're very funny Dan, and you made me roll on the floor and laugh :-)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:06:07 AM by B1nder »

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »
What are the symbols on the planet-tiles and on some space-road tiles?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 02:16:07 PM »
What are the symbols on the planet-tiles and on some space-road tiles?
Perhaps here you can find an answer.

http://www.starwars.com/news/crush-the-rebellion-or-restore-freedom-in-star-wars-commander

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 08:31:23 PM »
I've been traveling on business and just saw this thread now. Earlier today I saw and was surprised by the CC Facebook post.

I'm also a sucker and will very likely buy this. I backed Galaxy of Trian just for the space theme and for the similarity to Carc.

I do wish or hope that they would call it something else like, Cassini, even if it were the obvious Carc mechanics.
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
I've been traveling on business and just saw this thread now. Earlier today I saw and was surprised by the CC Facebook post.

I'm also a sucker and will very likely buy this. I backed Galaxy of Trian just for the space theme and for the similarity to Carc.

I do wish or hope that they would call it something else like, Cassini, even if it were the obvious Carc mechanics.

Doh, Cassini wouldn't work in the Star Wars world would it :P

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 08:16:07 AM »
All fanboy-ism aside (well, mostly aside anyway), I'm interested to see what HiG has done with the mechanics for this one. Since they have little Empire and Rebels logos on some of the features, I suspect there will be bonus points (or negative) points tied into affiliations. Or at least maybe like the sheep and wolves in Ark of the Covenant for plusses and minuses.

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 08:18:05 AM »

Doh, Cassini wouldn't work in the Star Wars world would it :P

I would go with "Coruscant" for the Star Wars universe name.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2015, 07:51:57 AM »
I totally agree with you, i like star wars, but not as a carcassonne game.. it just doesnt fit :)

I disagree, consider the opportunity to quote great lines like:  "I've got a bad feeling about this" when placing a meeple on a cloister , "You don't want to place your Meeple there" or "No Reward is worth this"  and "IT'S A TRAP"

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2015, 10:57:20 AM »
"Trap you, I will"  "The force is strong in this one" said as your opponent steals your 30 point city.  "I am your father" as you join your opponents city with your black double meeple.  There are many opportunities.
Just lay the damn tile!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
exclamation
Starwars Edition on sale (43% discount) - AMAZON.DE

Started by Jéré

1 Replies
Last post November 29, 2015, 03:34:52 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Carcassonne 3.0 - Nebel über Carcassonne(Taiwan)

Started by jacky1st2016

1 Replies
Last post June 28, 2023, 11:58:23 PM
by Decar
xx
Dutch Championship Carcassonne / Nederlands Kampioenschap Carcassonne

Started by The-Edge

6 Replies
Last post March 17, 2023, 09:25:00 AM
by Willem
smiley
[WTT] Carcassonne almost everything for Carcassonne dice game shopdisplay