Author Topic: Farmassonne app  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Lord_Wishmaster

• Count
  • Merit: 9
    • View Profile
Farmassonne app
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:29:16 AM »
I came across this one yesterday was searching on Google Play.

Not excatly well disguised! Farmassonne is apparently ideal for people who like the game of Carcassonne.... No Sh*t Sherlock!!  ;D ;D

Anyway, I stuck it on both tablet and phone and gave it a go. You can play it solo against to 'pooter, online against real people, or between friends with pass and play. It's Carcassonne (obviously!) with the difference, apart from naming conventions and art work, that you get just four meeples and then three tractors. The tractors are for the fields, once placed they stay there. The Meeples for the rest, so you are a bit more limited. The scoring is completely different as far as one quick game could work out. Solo play needs a bit of work, you can't seem to alter the difficulty setting as yet.

If you think of it as a spin-off game that doesn't change a lot (Winter Carcassonne, Wheel of Fortune?) but on your phone/tablet, then it's OK.

Grab it before the publishers jump in and make them take it down!!  ;D

It's free. No idea about iThingy availability.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2379.0

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
Re: Farmassonne app
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »
I came across this one yesterday was searching on Google Play.

It's free. No idea about iThingy availability.

Thanks for the info!!  Nice find!!  Merit for you!   I have a couple "iThingy"'s and I did find it the iThingy store.  Free so far, so I grabbed it.  Don't have time to play around with it yet but it seems like an interesting variant.
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline Lord_Wishmaster

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:57:45 PM »
Free, but with adverts.... but of course.

Blimey, that's two merits picked up in four hours. What do I do with them exactly?

:blue-meeple: :red-meeple: :violet-meeple:

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »

Blimey, that's two merits picked up in four hours. What do I do with them exactly?

No idea.  I'll let you know as soon as I get some.   :green-meeple:

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:10:43 PM »

When you get 50 a special area of the forum opens up with all the expansions in it for free! (At least that's what I was told) :)
Whatever it is, it's probably in the post from Germany...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 02:44:55 PM »
Some info on merits:

A couple of people have asked me about "merit" recently as though they didn't really know what it was there for, so I thought it might be helpful to provide a brief explanation here. Giving someone a "merit" is a way of thanking them for something or recognising their efforts towards something that has been of benefit to our community. There is no specific criteria for awarding merit but common reasons might be that someone answered a question for you, helped you with something, sent you something, created or designed something or posted an interesting link/ idea. It's our way of saying "well done" and recognising helpfulness/ kindness/ creativity/ generosity etc with a cheery pat on the back for a job well done. Anybody can award merit to anybody else and it's entirely anonymous, but please be sensible with it and award merit only where you believe it has truly be earned. There is no upper limit either, so don't feel that you don't need to give anyone merit for something because they already have a high merit score; everyone likes to feel appreciated from time to time and giving merit is a good way of showing this and motivating others.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »

Shh who told you that hunnymonster!

They just make you feel a little bit more awesome.

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 04:46:47 PM »
Some info on merits:

A couple of people have asked me about "merit" recently as though they didn't really know what it was there for, so I thought it might be helpful to provide a brief explanation here. Giving someone a "merit" is a way of thanking them for something or recognising their efforts towards something that has been of benefit to our community. There is no specific criteria for awarding merit but common reasons might be that someone answered a question for you, helped you with something, sent you something, created or designed something or posted an interesting link/ idea. It's our way of saying "well done" and recognising helpfulness/ kindness/ creativity/ generosity etc with a cheery pat on the back for a job well done. Anybody can award merit to anybody else and it's entirely anonymous, but please be sensible with it and award merit only where you believe it has truly be earned. There is no upper limit either, so don't feel that you don't need to give anyone merit for something because they already have a high merit score; everyone likes to feel appreciated from time to time and giving merit is a good way of showing this and motivating others.

Thanks for the info Dan!!  Merit for you!!   :green-meeple:

Offline Lord_Wishmaster

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 02:43:47 AM »
Ahem...... Partially my fault I realise, but we are now somewhat 'off-topic'....

....so...

Farmassonne app...
 :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
thumbdown
New Carcassonne App for Android

Started by danisthirty

104 Replies
Last post June 21, 2017, 12:51:16 PM
by Decar
xx
Bug in android app, clarification?

Started by jamesk

6 Replies
Last post November 27, 2014, 08:39:15 AM
by jamesk
xx
Carcassonne: Amazon Free App of the Day 12/3/13 (Android)

Started by evmillan

0 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
by evmillan
xx
Different Carcassonne app-roach: 2-in-1 in Playstore

Started by Paul

0 Replies
Last post June 07, 2015, 02:35:46 PM
by Paul
xx
7 Wonders app released today for Android and iPhones